Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Under cowl temperature data request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy_ringrose(at)onetel.c

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject: Under cowl temperature data request Reply with quote

Wondered if anyone had recorded any under cowl temperature data with particular reference to post engine shutdown. I believe the installation of ‘soft start units’ had a not to exceed limitation applied.
Many thanks in advance.
Andy Ringrose
Virus-free. www.avg.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Duncan McFadyean

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:39 am    Post subject: Under cowl temperature data request Reply with quote

The temperature label on my Softstart has not registered its lowest indication i.e. the temp has been <72C. This is with blocked side gills (the side vents at the back of the top cowl). However, there is no lip seal around the airbox, so hot air can vent through the NACA duct in the top cowl, after shut down. Typically in flight, the temperatures in the proximity of the modules is about +20C on ambient (OAT), or up to +30C differential in climbout.
I don't see much point of a temperature limitation for the softstart; it's not flight-critical, although the boxes under it are, and aren't helped by intimately sticking the softstart on top!

Duncan McF.
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->On 03 January 2021 at 10:29 Andy Ringrose <andy_ringrose(at)onetel.com> wrote:

Wondered if anyone had recorded any under cowl temperature data with particular reference to post engine shutdown. I believe the installation of ‘soft start units’ had a not to exceed limitation applied.
Many thanks in advance.
Andy Ringrose

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

christoph.both(at)acadiau

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject: Under cowl temperature data request Reply with quote

Classic cowling gills not closed, no cold box:  Separate air temp inside cowling in addition to GRT OAT. Measured with GRT EIS/EFIS: under cowling at firewall close to battery: average 15C to
+20C above ambient temperature. Stickers on CDI never registered significant above temp.
500+hours over 7 years. 912 ULS SR3000 Woodcomp 2 blade.
Christoph Both
C-GPEL
Wolfville Nova Scotia Canada

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jan 3, 2021, at 07:39, D McFadyean <ami-mcfadyean(at)talktalk.net> wrote:

CAUTION: This email comes from outside Acadia. Verify the sender and use caution with any requests, links or attachments.

The temperature label on my Softstart has not registered its lowest indication i.e. the temp has been <72C. This is with blocked side gills (the side vents at the back of the top cowl). However, there is no lip seal around the airbox, so hot air can vent through the NACA duct in the top cowl, after shut down. Typically in flight, the temperatures in the proximity of the modules is about +20C on ambient (OAT), or up to +30C differential in climbout.
I don't see much point of a temperature limitation for the softstart; it's not flight-critical, although the boxes under it are, and aren't helped by intimately sticking the softstart on top!

Duncan McF.
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->On 03 January 2021 at 10:29 Andy Ringrose <andy_ringrose(at)onetel.com> wrote:

Many thanks in advance.
Andy Ringrose

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: