Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Landing on grass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omerrett

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Landing on grass Reply with quote

I’m considering the purchase of a kis tr-1 (current owner says it has the heavy duty nose gear).

2 questions, is there such a thing as heavy duty nose gear for the tr-1?

Also is the plane grass field (relatively smooth) capable?

Thanks

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
Keith.Miller(at)esa.int

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:39 am    Post subject: Landing on grass Reply with quote

Oliver

The TR1 has gone though  quite a few   variations on the nose gear ( at least 3 different types   , plus  some  additional  strengthening  of  the  2nd version  )   , some were good , some less so .  if possible  sent a picture of which  nose gear  is installed ( or provide a   good description of it)
  1. original  gear ( sprung steel  with no  springs or pivot ) ,  
  2.  mk 2 gear :  large spring and pivot  point  with a streamline profile steel  main leg.  
  3. Mk 2  gear  with additional  stengthening   - as Mk2 but with two steel strenthening bars welded  down the full length  of the main leg
  4. Mk 3 gear   large  spring and pivot point  with  heavy duty  thick wall round tube  for the main leg

So the answer is yes they do exist and if you tell me which one I can  explain  what to look for

I operate my TR1   regularly on both hard and grass runways. Some grass   not smooth at all,  I have had no problems for 17 years with  the Mk 3 nosegear  which is extremely strong  - but a lot heavier .

Keith

650 Hours total time on  my Tr1

[img]cid:1__=4EBB0F2ADFBDB3978f9e8a93df938690(at)esa.int[/img]"Omerrett" ---29/07/2020 22:29:27-----> KIS-List message posted by: "Omerrett" <olivervandam(at)mac.com> I’m considering the purchase of

To: kis-list(at)matronics.com
Date: 29/07/2020 22:29
Subject: KIS-List: Landing on grass
Sent by: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com

--> KIS-List message posted by: "Omerrett" <olivervandam(at)mac.com>

I’m considering the purchase of a kis tr-1 (current owner says it has the heavy duty nose gear).

2 questions, is there such a thing as heavy duty nose gear for the tr-1?

Also is the plane grass field (relatively smooth) capable?

Thanks

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=497475#497475

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List

graycol.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  105 Bytes
 Viewed:  3109 Time(s)

graycol.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: