Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wheels and brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanmaxmartin(at)yahoo.c

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject: wheels and brakes Reply with quote

Is that the 601HD or 601XL. My 601XL came with Grove main wheels and brakes, I don’t know what the HD came with. Possibly Matco?
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2020, at 1:46 PM, Bobby Paulk <bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net (bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net)> wrote:
I purchased my 601 kit in 2006.
I have been trying to find out the manufacturer of the wheels and brakes so I can order brake pads.
Does anyone know the manufacturer and where I can get a parts breakdown manual.
Thanks for any information

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
kevindilks912(at)btintern

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: wheels and brakes Reply with quote

Grove Wheels and brakes on mine.
Kevin D

G-CGVZ

From: owner-zenith601-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-zenith601-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Bobby Paulk
Sent: 17 March 2020 17:46
Subject: wheels and brakes

I have been trying to find out the manufacturer of the wheels and brakes so I can order brake pads.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

stephencliverichards(at)g

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: wheels and brakes Reply with quote

I suspect they will be Matco mfg.   matcomfg.commatcomfg.com/BRAKEHALF8625ZENITH-idv-2845-.html  shows brake half on our 601HD drawings showing other parts on their website.
If you have the Grove gear may still be matco
Clive 
On Tue, 17 Mar 2020, 5:50 pm Bobby Paulk, <bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net (bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

Quote:

ashleysc(at)broadstripe.n

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: wheels and brakes Reply with quote

Hi Bryan;
My 2008 kit [Zodiac 601-XL] came with Matco brakes and wheels.
Cheers! Stu.

To: "Zenith 601 List" <zenith601-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 11:02:14 AM
Subject: Re: wheels and brakes
Is that the 601HD or 601XL. My 601XL came with Grove main wheels and brakes, I don’t know what the HD came with. Possibly Matco?

Quote:
On Mar 17, 2020, at 1:46 PM, Bobby Paulk <bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net (bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject: Wheels and Brakes Reply with quote

I talked to Roger at Zenith Friday and he looked up the Manufacturer of the wheels and brakes for the 2006 601 XL.

They were Grove series 50-1 ( ? ).

There should have been an A, B, or C after the 1 but the nice lady at Grove e-mailed me a photo of the 4 types of brake pads that could be on the 50-1 brake assembly.

My conditional is due in April

I'm staying home ( since I have been cast in the elderly category ) so I will not be able to check out which one is on my plane until this virus thing is past. Hopefully soon.

Thanks for all the input from the list.

Bobby

601 XL

Jabiru 3300

318 hours

johndread(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Wheels and Brakes Reply with quote

Hi Bobby,
I'm glad you solved your brake problem.

I have a question re your Jabiru 3300. I'm building a CH701 also with the Jab 3300. Have you made any changes to the engine? there seem to be many opinions on the internet.

John Read

Zenith CH701/Jabiru 3300
Phone 303.648.3261
Mobile 719.494.4567

In a message dated 3/23/2020 10:06:34 AM Mountain Standard Time, bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net writes:

Quote:
I talked to Roger at Zenith Friday and he looked up the Manufacturer of the wheels and brakes for the 2006 601 XL.
They were Grove series 50-1 ( ? ).
There should have been an A, B, or C after the 1 but the nice lady at Grove e-mailed me a photo of the 4 types of brake pads that could be on the 50-1 brake assembly.
My conditional is due in April
I'm staying home ( since I have been cast in the elderly category ) so I will not be able to check out which one is on my plane until this virus thing is past. Hopefully soon.
Thanks for all the input from the list.

Bobby
601 XL
Jabiru 3300
318 hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: