Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any current LOM flyers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3benny3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Any current LOM flyers? Reply with quote

Hi, anyone on here or know of anywhere else there is much lom activity or knowledge? I have a 337c that I believe runs good and CS/reversible prop that I really enjoy. But would like to find more info on the setup/common problems/fixes/mods etc.

Thanks, Ben

- The Matronics Lom-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lom-List

NC27
sjbeaver(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Any current LOM flyers? Reply with quote

Two Bucker Jungmann with LOM 332AK are based at the Delaware, Ohio airport and fly frequently. I have previously owned an aircraft with a 337. No issues at all. The only mod is NGK spark plugs. I can certainly help with the setup. Let me know what you need.Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel: 614-937-4189
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2020, at 6:23 PM, 3benny3 <the3benny3(at)gmail.com (the3benny3(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
--> Lom-List message posted by: "3benny3" <the3benny3(at)gmail.com (the3benny3(at)gmail.com)>Hi, anyone on here or know of anywhere else there is much lom activity or knowledge? I have a 337c that I believe runs good and CS/reversible prop that I really enjoy. But would like to find more info on the setup/common problems/fixes/mods etc. Thanks, Ben--------912 King Kolbra NC27Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=494887#494887

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jameseby(at)yahoo.ca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Any current LOM flyers? Reply with quote

Hello Ben,
I also have a 337C with a constant speed MT prop in my Bush Caddy 164. The engine has only 60 hrs since O/H in Prague but was in storage for 8 years. I sent the fuel pump and one magneto to LOM for overhaul and they are helpful, but it was four months before I saw them again in both cases. I bought the engine from an RV builder with abut 4hrs on it after he found the c. of g. was too far out. That is why he used, but in vain, a lighter MT prop. Unfortunately the governor of a non reversible and reversible prop are not compatible and I had to install a PTO and new governor. The only other mod is I used a linear actuator to engage the super charger and starting motor.
With the 50+ hrs so far I have had no issues with the engine. I have some experience now in engine /magneto timing if you need any assistance. The spark plug modification that Steve mentioned is well worthwhile. The LOM plugs cost a small fortune.
James Eby
Bolton Est, Quebec, Canada
450 292-3419
jameseby(at)yahoo.ca

On Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 07:12:15 p.m. CST, sjbeaver <sjbeaver(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Two Bucker Jungmann with LOM 332AK are based at the Delaware, Ohio airport and fly frequently. I have previously owned an aircraft with a 337. No issues at all. The only mod is NGK spark plugs. I can certainly help with the setup. Let me know what you need.Steve-- Stephen BeaverTel:   614-937-4189
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2020, at 6:23 PM, 3benny3 <the3benny3(at)gmail.com (the3benny3(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
--> Lom-List message posted by: "3benny3" <the3benny3(at)gmail.com (the3benny3(at)gmail.com)>Hi, anyone on here or know of anywhere else there is much lom activity or knowledge? I have a 337c that I believe runs good and CS/reversible prop that I really enjoy. But would like to find more info on the setup/common problems/fixes/mods etc. Thanks, Ben--------912 King Kolbra NC27Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=494887#494887

3benny3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Any current LOM flyers? Reply with quote

Thank you both for the replies, I'll try and contact you both just to get any information I can. I'm waiting on new intake boots now from the LOM factory (very helpful but hard to pay) and hopefully completing an order with Avia (Have been rather difficult to deal with) for prop seals. So far I have a whopping single flight on it but all did good. Just have several things I'd like to get into shape from prior neglect before really venturing out with it.

NC27
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lom-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: