Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upgrades (was: Please Make a Contribution to Support Your L

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelgibbs(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Upgrades (was: Please Make a Contribution to Support Your L Reply with quote

You know, guys, all it takes is for a few people to start a conversation. Maybe not for the technical help we all once relied upon, but maybe the adventures we have with our airplanes. I’m as guilty as any of us.
After I wrecked my Model IV-1200 in 2004 I bought a new Series 6 kit. I did some work on it over the next few years but eventually decided that the demands of work and life were keeping me away from it too much. So, when a completed Series 7 went up for sale in Oklahoma, I bought it.
I flew it back to Arizona and installed a Stratus ADS-B transponder in time to get the FAA “rebate.” Then, I decided it was time for something more modern than the steam gauges the builder had used, so I built a new, all-glass instrument panel for it that I just recently installed. I need to finish hooking up the engine sensors and have Murle over to do an annual, then I’m ready to test it out.
Mike G.
Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
On Nov 19, 2019, at 3:17 PM, Grant Bright <grantbright(at)att.net> wrote:

Matt, Lowell and Pat have hit the proverbial nail on the head. There was a time in 2006 when I had my first Kitfox, this list was a daily read and very valuable information from very talented and friendly individuals.
But times have changed for sure. The Facebook groups seem to be growing, unfortunately.
I am sure we all appreciate everything you have given to make this forum last and be useful.
All the best, Grant

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 04:59:50 PM EST, Patrick Reilly <patreilly43(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Matt, I read Lowell Fitt's letter to you. I am afraid I am of the same opinion as Lowell. I have been a Kitfox Matronics subscriber for years. The site was worth gold years ago. I could not have completed the rebuild of my plane without it and the info from Lowell and other members. But, there is no longer activity on the site. I really was disappointed in Team Kitfox's site and did not use it. As Lowell pointed out "Kitfox" is not the Kitfox of the past.I wish to thank you for your past efforts. I still have my Model III. I miss all those old Kitfox members and have for a long time now.
Pat Reilly
Model 3 582 Rebuilt
Tailwind W10 o290 Rebuilt
ASII Project

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
sourdostan(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Upgrades (was: Please Make a Contribution to Support Your L Reply with quote

Nice update, Mike! Enjoy! Hope to see at Thunder Ridge in April.Stan

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Nov 19, 2019, at 5:51 PM, Michael Gibbs <MichaelGibbs(at)cox.net> wrote:

You know, guys, all it takes is for a few people to start a conversation. Maybe not for the technical help we all once relied upon, but maybe the adventures we have with our airplanes. I’m as guilty as any of us.
After I wrecked my Model IV-1200 in 2004 I bought a new Series 6 kit. I did some work on it over the next few years but eventually decided that the demands of work and life were keeping me away from it too much. So, when a completed Series 7 went up for sale in Oklahoma, I bought it.
I flew it back to Arizona and installed a Stratus ADS-B transponder in time to get the FAA “rebate.” Then, I decided it was time for something more modern than the steam gauges the builder had used, so I built a new, all-glass instrument panel for it that I just recently installed. I need to finish hooking up the engine sensors and have Murle over to do an annual, then I’m ready to test it out.
Mike G.
Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
On Nov 19, 2019, at 3:17 PM, Grant Bright <grantbright(at)att.net> wrote:

Matt, Lowell and Pat have hit the proverbial nail on the head. There was a time in 2006 when I had my first Kitfox, this list was a daily read and very valuable information from very talented and friendly individuals.
But times have changed for sure. The Facebook groups seem to be growing, unfortunately.
I am sure we all appreciate everything you have given to make this forum last and be useful.
All the best, Grant

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 04:59:50 PM EST, Patrick Reilly <patreilly43(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Matt, I read Lowell Fitt's letter to you. I am afraid I am of the same opinion as Lowell. I have been a Kitfox Matronics subscriber for years. The site was worth gold years ago. I could not have completed the rebuild of my plane without it and the info from Lowell and other members. But, there is no longer activity on the site. I really was disappointed in Team Kitfox's site and did not use it. As Lowell pointed out "Kitfox" is not the Kitfox of the past.I wish to thank you for your past efforts. I still have my Model III. I miss all those old Kitfox members and have for a long time now.
Pat Reilly
Model 3 582 Rebuilt
Tailwind W10 o290 Rebuilt
ASII Project

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: