Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N247BR First Flight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Reed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

This morning shortly after [url=x-apple-data-detectors://1]9AM[/url] KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements.

The only thing the test pilot had as a negative was one reported by multiple Cruiser pilots regarding the amount of elevator control during the landing. His one other comment was that it was a very comfortable plane to fly. The controls were responsive and solid without being overly sensitive and he enjoyed flying. He has logged more than thirty different homebuilts and performed multiple first flights.

Thanks to all of the members of this newsgroup for the support you have all contributed to this moment. Those who have experienced that first flight know the multitude of emotions that I experienced this morning and how special it was. 

Bob Reed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
wschertz343(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Congratulations Bob!!I know that we both had expectations of a much shorter build time ( Remember "Oshkosh 2000 b'gosh), but you persevered through many trials and tribulations and got it done. Many don't. Enjoy the fly off .  Do you  have to do 25 or 40 hours?
Bill Schertz
On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 9:18 PM Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)> wrote:

Quote:
This morning shortly after 9AM KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements. 

The only thing the test pilot had as a negative was one reported by multiple Cruiser pilots regarding the amount of elevator control during the landing.  His one other comment was that it was a very comfortable plane to fly. The controls were responsive and solid without being overly sensitive and he enjoyed flying. He has logged more than thirty different homebuilts and performed multiple first flights. 

Thanks to all of the members of this newsgroup for the support you have all contributed to this moment. Those who have experienced that first flight know the multitude of emotions that I experienced this morning and how special it was. 

Bob Reed 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

The Superior engine was classified as experimental so that requires the 40 hour fly off. Yes I most definitely remember Oshkosh 2000 by Gosh. Life definitely got in the way of my plans and my hobbies.

Bob Reed
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2019, at 10:35 PM, William Schertz <wschertz343(at)gmail.com (wschertz343(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations Bob!!I know that we both had expectations of a much shorter build time ( Remember "Oshkosh 2000 b'gosh), but you persevered through many trials and tribulations and got it done. Many don't. Enjoy the fly off . Do you have to do 25 or 40 hours?
Bill Schertz
On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 9:18 PM Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)> wrote:

Quote:
This morning shortly after 9AM KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements.

The only thing the test pilot had as a negative was one reported by multiple Cruiser pilots regarding the amount of elevator control during the landing. His one other comment was that it was a very comfortable plane to fly. The controls were responsive and solid without being overly sensitive and he enjoyed flying. He has logged more than thirty different homebuilts and performed multiple first flights. 

Bob Reed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

r.twellmann(at)steute.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Congratulations from Germany Bob.
Ralf Twellmann

Am 10.06.2019 um 05:19 schrieb Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)>:

Quote:
This morning shortly after [url=x-apple-data-detectors://1]9AM[/url] KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements. 

The only thing the test pilot had as a negative was one reported by multiple Cruiser pilots regarding the amount of elevator control during the landing.  His one other comment was that it was a very comfortable plane to fly. The controls were responsive and solid without being overly sensitive and he enjoyed flying. He has logged more than thirty different homebuilts and performed multiple first flights. 

Bob Reed 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

matthew.kuriger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Hi Bob

Congratulations from New Zealand. What a milestone! I can only imagine the feeling of it all after 20-odd years of building. Well done.

Will be interested in any data when you have some available through flight testing (stall speeds, performance numbers, etc).

Cheers
Matthew and Francis Kuriger
ZK-TEL

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 3:18 PM
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: N247BR First Flight

This morning shortly after [url=]9AM[/url] KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements.

Bob Reed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

gbrighton(at)skymesh.com.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

G'Day Bob,
  CONGRATULATIONS ... Well done .. GOOD on you ... I'm not so much a great contributor ... but rather a great lurker ... and have followed your long progress with great interest... Enjoy your achievement ..,
Graham
TR1 #080
Australia

Ps .. Was repitching prop today .. and Gnd running re engined # 080 today ... so looking to be back in the air in the coming mths .

Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 2:06 PM
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: N247BR First Flight

The Superior engine was classified as experimental so that requires the 40 hour fly off. Yes I most definitely remember Oshkosh 2000 by Gosh. Life definitely got in the way of my plans and my hobbies.

Bob Reed
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2019, at 10:35 PM, William Schertz <wschertz343(at)gmail.com (wschertz343(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations Bob!! I know that we both had expectations of a much shorter build time ( Remember "Oshkosh 2000 b'gosh), but you persevered through many trials and tribulations and got it done. Many don't. Enjoy the fly off . Do you have to do 25 or 40 hours?
Bill Schertz

Quote:
This morning shortly after 9AM KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements.

Bob Reed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Virus-free. www.avg.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2][/url]

GalinHdz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

CONGRATS!!!!!  Once you get Phase 1 testing completed then you can start enjoying the cruising benefits of your airplane. Take trips like we have and have fun, you deserve it.  

On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 11:18 PM Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)> wrote:

Quote:
This morning shortly after 9AM KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements. 

The only thing the test pilot had as a negative was one reported by multiple Cruiser pilots regarding the amount of elevator control during the landing.  His one other comment was that it was a very comfortable plane to fly. The controls were responsive and solid without being overly sensitive and he enjoyed flying. He has logged more than thirty different homebuilts and performed multiple first flights. 

Bob Reed 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

fredorosa(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Good for you Bob!
Al

On Jun 10, 2019, at 3:45 AM, Matthew Kuriger <matthew.kuriger(at)gmail.com (matthew.kuriger(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bob

Congratulations from New Zealand. What a milestone! I can only imagine the feeling of it all after 20-odd years of building. Well done.

Will be interested in any data when you have some available through flight testing (stall speeds, performance numbers, etc).

Cheers
ZK-TEL

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com) on behalf of Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 3:18 PM

This morning shortly after [url=]9AM[/url] KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements.

Bob Reed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

aeromomentum(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Congratulations Bob! Well done and great perseverance!

hansoncp(at)netnitco.net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Congratulations Bob on N247BR’s first flight! You completed the project in spite of all of life’s things that got in the way. And congratulations to your wife for putting up with all the time away from family it took. Soon enough you will be at the controls of your aircraft and enjoy flying a fine KIS Cruiser.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:17 PM

This morning shortly after [url=x-apple-data-detectors://1]9AM[/url] KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements.

Bob Reed

fredorosa(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Hey Bob, do you still remember how to fly?
Al

On Jun 10, 2019, at 12:04 PM, Ed Hanson <hansoncp(at)netnitco.net (hansoncp(at)netnitco.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Congratulations Bob on N247BR’s first flight! You completed the project in spite of all of life’s things that got in the way. And congratulations to your wife for putting up with all the time away from family it took. Soon enough you will be at the controls of your aircraft and enjoy flying a fine KIS Cruiser.

Subject: KIS-List: N247BR First Flight

Bob Reed

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Thanks Ralf,
Bob

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 02:29:49 AM CDT, Twellmann, Ralf <r.twellmann(at)steute.com> wrote:

Congratulations from Germany Bob.
Ralf Twellmann

Am 10.06.2019 um 05:19 schrieb Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)>:
Quote:
This morning shortly after 9AM KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements. The only thing the test pilot had as a negative was one reported by multiple Cruiser pilots regarding the amount of elevator control during the landing. His one other comment was that it was a very comfortable plane to fly. The controls were responsive and solid without being overly sensitive and he enjoyed flying. He has logged more than thirty different homebuilts and performed multiple first flights. Thanks to all of the members of this newsgroup for the support you have all contributed to this moment. Those who have experienced that first flight know the multitude of emotions that I experienced this morning and how special it was. Bob Reed
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Thanks Graham,
Yes, I did put myself out there with my website and put my progress and lack of progress for all to see. I probably spent much more time on the website than I should have, especially since some of that time could have gone to building. I don't regret any of it though, it did help some of the other builders and introduced me to a lot of very fine people.
Blue skies are on the horizon,
Bob

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 06:33:34 AM CDT, Graham Brighton <gbrighton(at)skymesh.com.au> wrote:

G'Day Bob,
  CONGRATULATIONS ... Well done .. GOOD on you ... I'm not so much a great contributor ... but rather a great lurker ... and have followed your long progress with great interest... Enjoy your achievement ...,
Graham
TR1 #080
Australia

Ps .. Was repitching prop today .. and Gnd running re engined # 080 today ... so looking to be back in the air in the coming mths .

Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 2:06 PM

The Superior engine was classified as experimental so that requires the 40 hour fly off. Yes I most definitely remember Oshkosh 2000 by Gosh. Life definitely got in the way of my plans and my hobbies. Bob Reed
Sent from my iPhone
Quote:
Congratulations Bob!! I know that we both had expectations of a much shorter build time ( Remember "Oshkosh 2000 b'gosh), but you persevered through many trials and tribulations and got it done. Many don't. Enjoy the fly off . Do you have to do 25 or 40 hours?
Bill Schertz

Quote:
This morning shortly after 9AM KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements. The only thing the test pilot had as a negative was one reported by multiple Cruiser pilots regarding the amount of elevator control during the landing. His one other comment was that it was a very comfortable plane to fly. The controls were responsive and solid without being overly sensitive and he enjoyed flying. He has logged more than thirty different homebuilts and performed multiple first flights. Thanks to all of the members of this newsgroup for the support you have all contributed to this moment. Those who have experienced that first flight know the multitude of emotions that I experienced this morning and how special it was. Bob Reed
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Virus-free. www.avg.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2][/url]

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Thanks Ed, and my wife deserves a lot of credit to be sure.
I was talking with her last night about some of the trips we might take and dang if she didn't do it to me again. She looks me straight in the eye and tells me that she isn't too sure about flying with me since she is still concerned about the fact that I spent so much time studying the manuals. She had pulled that gag on me about two years into the build and nearly gave me a heart attack. Wasn't buying it this time.
Oh, and the additional good news this weekend, after months of haggling back and forth with the FAA over my medical, they approved it. What a hassle.
Bob

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:16:45 AM CDT, Ed Hanson <hansoncp(at)netnitco.net> wrote:

From: Robert Reed (robertr237(at)att.net)Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:17 PMTo: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: KIS-List: N247BR First Flight

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Thanks Galin,
Will try to convert the .MOV files to something that I can upload to the News Group.

By the way everyone....there is another KIS Cruiser nearing completion in my area. Charlie Smith is about ready for the DAR inspection on his plane.
Bob Reed

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 06:33:43 AM CDT, Galin Hernandez <galinhdz(at)gmail.com> wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!! Once you get Phase 1 testing completed then you can start enjoying the cruising benefits of your airplane. Take trips like we have and have fun, you deserve it.
On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 11:18 PM Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)> wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Thank you.  If I recall from photos on my website you are part of the KIS and TEL duo.
My test pilot hasn't started on the performance numbers yet but was happy with a 1000ft min climb at 100mph with a density altitude of 2000 ft. and almost full tanks. I will put up the numbers as soon as we finish the testing.
Bob Reed

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 02:45:59 AM CDT, Matthew Kuriger <matthew.kuriger(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bob

Cheers
ZK-TEL

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net> Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 3:18 PM To: kis-list(at)matronics.com Subject: N247BR First Flight

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

You just flap your arms up and down really fast and blow right?
Actually that question is no joke, I started back with some dual back in October and got about 10 hours in after an 18 year break. I was the absolute definition of a Rusty Old Pilot. A lot has changed procedure wise but the flying part was like riding a bicycle. Didn't take long to get back to feeling good in the air. I had asked the instructor give me a real workout and he did.
The bigger issue turned out to be my Medical Certificate had not been renewed in 18 years and the FAA doesn't much like people with diabetes. They didn't care that it had been under total control from shortly after the diagnosis. I wasn't on an approved combination of medications. Spent the last six months going back and forth with them even after the doctor changed my meds. Got notice of medical special issuance on Saturday with First Flight on Sunday.
Can I say it was a GREAT WEEKEND!!!
Bob

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:08:41 PM CDT, Alfred Rosa <fredorosa(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Al
On Jun 10, 2019, at 12:04 PM, Ed Hanson <hansoncp(at)netnitco.net (hansoncp(at)netnitco.net)> wrote:
Quote:

From: Robert Reed (robertr237(at)att.net)Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:17 PMTo: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: N247BR First Flight

This morning shortly after 9AM KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements. The only thing the test pilot had as a negative was one reported by multiple Cruiser pilots regarding the amount of elevator control during the landing. His one other comment was that it was a very comfortable plane to fly. The controls were responsive and solid without being overly sensitive and he enjoyed flying. He has logged more than thirty different homebuilts and performed multiple first flights. Thanks to all of the members of this newsgroup for the support you have all contributed to this moment. Those who have experienced that first flight know the multitude of emotions that I experienced this morning and how special it was. Bob Reed

mike(at)vision499.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Well done Rob

I’m jealous!!!

Go and enjoy  you plane, you deserve it

Keep well

Mike

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Robert Reed
Sent: June 10, 2019 11:07 AM
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com

Actually that question is no joke, I started back with some dual back in October and got about 10 hours in after an 18 year break. I was the absolute definition of a Rusty Old Pilot. A lot has changed procedure wise but the flying part was like riding a bicycle. Didn't take long to get back to feeling good in the air. I had asked the instructor give me a real workout and he did.

The bigger issue turned out to be my Medical Certificate had not been renewed in 18 years and the FAA doesn't much like people with diabetes. They didn't care that it had been under total control from shortly after the diagnosis. I wasn't on an approved combination of medications. Spent the last six months going back and forth with them even after the doctor changed my meds. Got notice of medical special issuance on Saturday with First Flight on Sunday.

Bob

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:08:41 PM CDT, Alfred Rosa <fredorosa(at)gmail.com (fredorosa(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Al

Bob Reed

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, and I hope to get many hours of enjoyment out of an outstanding aircraft.
Bob

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 01:13:09 PM CDT, mike(at)vision499.com <mike(at)vision499.com> wrote:

Well done Rob

I’m jealous!!!

Go and enjoy you plane, you deserve it

Keep well

Mike

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Robert ReedSent: June 10, 2019 11:07 AMTo: kis-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Re: KIS-List: N247BR First Flight

Actually that question is no joke, I started back with some dual back in October and got about 10 hours in after an 18 year break.  I was the absolute definition of a Rusty Old Pilot. A lot has changed procedure wise but the flying part was like riding a bicycle. Didn't take long to get back to feeling good in the air. I had asked the instructor give me a real workout and he did.

Bob

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:08:41 PM CDT, Alfred Rosa <fredorosa(at)gmail.com (fredorosa(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Al

From: Robert Reed (robertr237(at)att.net)Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:17 PMTo: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: KIS-List: N247BR First Flight

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

GalinHdz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: N247BR First Flight Reply with quote

But we still need photos as proof.   Wink

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 1:27 PM Robert Reed <robertr237(at)att.net (robertr237(at)att.net)> wrote:

Quote:

Thanks Mike, and I hope to get many hours of enjoyment out of an outstanding aircraft.
Bob

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 01:13:09 PM CDT, mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com) <mike(at)vision499.com (mike(at)vision499.com)> wrote:

Well done Rob

I’m jealous!!!

Go and enjoy  you plane, you deserve it

Keep well

Mike

From: owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kis-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of Robert ReedSent: June 10, 2019 11:07 AMTo: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: Re: N247BR First Flight

Actually that question is no joke, I started back with some dual back in October and got about 10 hours in after an 18 year break.  I was the absolute definition of a Rusty Old Pilot.  A lot has changed procedure wise but the flying part was like riding a bicycle.  Didn't take long to get back to feeling good in the air.  I had asked the instructor give me a real workout and he did.

The bigger issue turned out to be my Medical Certificate had not been renewed in 18 years and the FAA doesn't much like people with diabetes.  They didn't care that it had been under total control from shortly after the diagnosis. I wasn't on an approved combination of medications.  Spent the last six months going back and forth with them even after the doctor changed my meds.  Got notice of medical special issuance on Saturday with First Flight on Sunday.

Bob

Al

From: Robert Reed (robertr237(at)att.net)Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:17 PMTo: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: N247BR First Flight

This morning shortly after 9AM KIS Cruiser N247BR lifted off for about 45 minutes before a very smooth and uneventful landing. I did not make the initial flight and had a professional test pilot perform the testing. I will transition to the flight testing after the most critical phases have been completed and the test pilot has met the qualified pilot requirements. The only thing the test pilot had as a negative was one reported by multiple Cruiser pilots regarding the amount of elevator control during the landing.  His one other comment was that it was a very comfortable plane to fly. The controls were responsive and solid without being overly sensitive and he enjoyed flying. He has logged more than thirty different homebuilts and performed multiple first flights. Thanks to all of the members of this newsgroup for the support you have all contributed to this moment. Those who have experienced that first flight know the multitude of emotions that I experienced this morning and how special it was. Bob Reed 

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#m_8484603133020669919_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: