Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Europa covers for outside and touring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevenwpitt(at)me.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

I am in the market for a new cover for my trigear and the previous supplier (Auto-Trim) is no longer producing covers for the Europa.
I am having trouble getting on to the Cambrai site and there appears little information on the web - I have looked at the Velas site.
What are other owners experiences and what do you use for your own aircraft here in the UK and Europe?
Thanks
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Burrilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

I have a set from http://skycovers.com/

Very well made.
Alan
G-OBJT

Sent from my iPad

On 18 Apr 2019, at 09:42, Steven Pitt <stevenwpitt(at)me.com (stevenwpitt(at)me.com)> wrote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: Steven Pitt <stevenwpitt(at)me.com (stevenwpitt(at)me.com)>

I am in the market for a new cover for my trigear and the previous supplier (Auto-Trim) is no longer producing covers for the Europa.
I am having trouble getting on to the Cambrai site and there appears little information on the web - I have looked at the Velas site.
What are other owners experiences and what do you use for your own aircraft here in the UK and Europe?
Thanks
St===================================================http://www.matronics.====================================================; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
http://www.matro=================================================

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

alan.twigg775(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

I have a set in construction for my Europa, from Vertigo who made a great set for my glider
Alan Twigg
Motorglider ( Long wing variant).
Ready for engine runs
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On 18 Apr 2019, at 09:42, Steven Pitt <stevenwpitt(at)me.com> wrote:

Thanks
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH

fireflier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

Hi

I purchased my aircraft cover from

www.coversshop.co.uk

It is a good quality durable cover

Kind regards
Donald
G-PUPY.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On 18 Apr 2019, at 09:42, Steven Pitt <stevenwpitt(at)me.com> wrote:

Thanks
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH

freddythek10(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

Steven...I expect delivery today of a cover from Bruce’s Custom Covers (in US)…service has been excellent…they provide two different standards: one for occasional use, one for long-term usage…they show a Europa on their website and are familiar w/ type, and can accommodate special conditions (e.g., protrusions of any kind, extension to include VP prop. hubs, etc.). Quality includes lining to protect glazing…
www.aircraftcovers.com

Will advise if product delivered does not meet my expectations,

Fred
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: Steven Pitt <stevenwpitt(at)me.com (stevenwpitt(at)me.com)>I am in the market for a new cover for my trigear

rlborger(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

Steven,
I have had one of Bruce’s covers for my Europa XS for over 10 years. I am very pleased with the quality and the way it protects my aircraft when traveling. I will attach a photo of my Europa at KSRR (Sierra Blanca/Ruidoso NM) wearing the cover. I have a cover on order from Bruce's for my Little Toot Sport Biplane as well.

[img]cid:066364E8-7B3A-43DA-A2E6-DD2B2D2BB0FC[/img]

Blue skies & tailwinds,Bob BorgerEuropa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP, Hercules Prop.3705 Lynchburg Dr.Corinth, TX 76208-5331Cel: 817-992-1117rlborger(at)mac.com (rlborger(at)mac.com)On Apr 18, 2019, at 1:00 PM, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Steven...I expect delivery today of a cover from Bruce’s Custom Covers (in US)…service has been excellent…they provide two different standards: one for occasional use, one for long-term usage…they show a Europa on their website and are familiar w/ type, and can accommodate special conditions (e.g., protrusions of any kind, extension to include VP prop. hubs, etc.). Quality includes lining to protect glazing…
www.aircraftcovers.com

Fred
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: Steven Pitt <stevenwpitt(at)me.com (stevenwpitt(at)me.com)>I am in the market for a new cover for my trigear

IMG_8577em.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.29 KB
 Viewed:  7108 Time(s)

IMG_8577em.jpeg

wdaniell.longport(at)gmai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

Yes as it happens I bought one of the touring covers and I agree with Fred
- nicely made
William Daniell
LONGPORT
On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 2:43 PM Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:

[quote] Steven...I expect delivery today of a cover from Bruce’s Custom Covers (in
US)…service has been excellent…they provide two different standards: one
for occasional use, one for long-term usage…they show a Europa on their
website and are familiar w/ type, and can accommodate special conditions
(e.g., protrusions of any kind, extension to include VP prop. hubs, etc.)

graeme bird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

I made a pattern with brown paper, brought some fabric from IKEA, cut out the strips and pinned them and then got the Mrs to 'run them up' and sew on some webbing. Not waterproof but keeps the hangar dust and spider droppings out and sun and people when parked somewhere for the day. Still have the paper pattern.
'Cheap skate' maybe.

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
JohnFrance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

Hi Steven,
I had a cockpit cover made by Sky4covers in the UK. It goes back far enough to cover the fuel filler which is a useful feature. Besides that it’s sturdy, well made, they will accommodate antennas and other protrusions.
Finally they offer a choice of materials which affect cost and weight, the latter could be an issue for touring if it’s a full cover!
Check out their site here: http://sky4covers.co.uk/phone/

John

christoph.both(at)acadiau

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

I bought and used since 2014 Bruce’s Custom Europa Covers on my Europa fuselage when travelling, even day trips (light travel version).
Very well made, great fit with bungee cords assisting at the bottom so there is no wind flapping action when parked in strong winds. It fits into a small seat-size travel pouch and after 400+ hours still looks good and protects well, especially the interiors from the sun.
Christoph Both
#223 Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Canada

From: <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com>
Reply-To: "europa-list(at)matronics.com" <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 17:20
To: "europa-list(at)matronics.com" <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa covers for outside and touring

Yes as it happens I bought one of the touring covers and I agree with Fred - nicely made

William Daniell

LONGPORT

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 2:43 PM Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com (freddythek10(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

www.aircraftcovers.com

Fred

Quote:
Quote:

--> Europa-List message posted by: Steven Pitt <stevenwpitt(at)me.com (stevenwpitt(at)me.com)>

I am in the market for a new cover for my trigear 

freddythek10(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

Quote:
On Apr 19, 2019, at 12:36 AM, graeme bird <graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk (graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk)> wrote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "graeme bird" <graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk (graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk)>I made a pattern with brown paper, brought some fabric from IKEA, cut out the strips and pinned them and then got the Mrs to 'run them up' and sew on some webbing. Not waterproof but keeps the hangar dust and spider droppings out and sun and people when parked somewhere for the day. Still have the paper pattern.'Cheap skate' maybe.

Graeme…kudos for your success with an economical solution to this issue. I too consider myself a frugal guy, and had always in my mind to stitch up something myself. But as I found so many last minute things to do…the closer I came to making one, the more concerned I became about durability, waterproof’g, and potential abrasion of the plexiglass (i.e., perspec)…and ultimately decided that after investing so much effort and $ in the aircraft I could justify the additional expense of buying one, particularly since my hangaring situation is uncertain.

clivesutton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Europa covers for outside and touring Reply with quote

Steve, i recommend Sky4Covers [sarah(at)sky4covers.co.uk] based EX24 6DT/village of Colyton. I'm very happy with mine and i opted for the slighly heavier touring cover in beige Weathermax80 - to go over the cowling from the prop flange and over the top and sides of the cockpit right back to just beyond the vent tubes. Cost £612 in May 2017, still going strong. Good quality workperson-ship. Clive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: