Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

912 for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: 912 for sale Reply with quote

I have asperations of electrifying my Pulsar XP. I have pulled the engine and everything associated with it. That is, the oil sump, radiator, oil cooler, fuel selector valve, fuel filter, condenser fuel cell level sensors, fuel gauge, voltage regulator, mufflers, exhaust pipes, carbs and air filters, EIS system and all sensors, auxiliary electric fuel pump, fuel filter, everything associated with the 912  which has 700 hours on it.
All above for sale as a package for $8,000.00 
When I stopped flying 390XP I didn't have the heart to sell it.  I pulled the wings and put it in my garage where it was born.  I liked looking at it.  After a year or so I realized I needed an excuse for keeping it. Hence the electrification project. 
Stripped of the 912 and every thing related to it I think the bare air frame weighs a little less than 500 pounds. About a 50 KVA motor should do it. I am now researching and searching for the right combination of motor, controller and batteries for the job.  Not  getting very far. Am going to S-n-F to talk to whomever will listen.
I have a repairman's  certificate so when I find what I need I will do a simple powerplant switch, put the wings back on and go flying. Simple,, no ? ? ?   Probably no. But I will face that when it comes up,,, if I ever get that far.
Bernie Wilder

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
pulsar1(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Hi Bernard, I have a Pulsar 582 and I would also like to use an electric motor. I have done some research Trying to find a suitable electric motor, controller and batteries. I contacted Chip W Erwin of Aeromarine who is saying he has a combination that will work. BUT, I gave him a small deposit to get a position in line to purchase his electric system and have not heard from him in many many months. I would be very interested in what you find in your search.
Thanks
George

On Thursday, January 24, 2019, 12:05:56 PM PST, Bernard Wilder <bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I have asperations of electrifying my Pulsar XP. I have pulled the engine and everything associated with it. That is, the oil sump, radiator, oil cooler, fuel selector valve, fuel filter, condenser fuel cell level sensors, fuel gauge, voltage regulator, mufflers, exhaust pipes, carbs and air filters, EIS system and all sensors, auxiliary electric fuel pump, fuel filter, everything associated with the 912 which has 700 hours on it.
When I stopped flying 390XP I didn't have the heart to sell it. I pulled the wings and put it in my garage where it was born. I liked looking at it. After a year or so I realized I needed an excuse for keeping it. Hence the electrification project.
Stripped of the 912 and every thing related to it I think the bare air frame weighs a little less than 500 pounds. About a 50 KVA motor should do it. I am now researching and searching for the right combination of motor, controller and batteries for the job. Not getting very far. Am going to S-n-F to talk to whomever will listen.
I have a repairman's certificate so when I find what I need I will do a simple powerplant switch, put the wings back on and go flying. Simple,, no ? ? ? Probably no. But I will face that when it comes up,,, if I ever get that far.
Bernie Wilder

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

n3300p(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Hi Bernie,
I may be interested in your 912 and Pulsar stuff. Where is the engine locates? I’m curious if there would be any chance of shipping if it is far from Oklahoma?
Thank you,
Ned

On Jan 24, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Bernard Wilder <bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I have asperations of electrifying my Pulsar XP. I have pulled the engine and everything associated with it. That is, the oil sump, radiator, oil cooler, fuel selector valve, fuel filter, condenser fuel cell level sensors, fuel gauge, voltage regulator, mufflers, exhaust pipes, carbs and air filters, EIS system and all sensors, auxiliary electric fuel pump, fuel filter, everything associated with the 912 which has 700 hours on it.

When I stopped flying 390XP I didn't have the heart to sell it. I pulled the wings and put it in my garage where it was born. I liked looking at it. After a year or so I realized I needed an excuse for keeping it. Hence the electrification project.

Stripped of the 912 and every thing related to it I think the bare air frame weighs a little less than 500 pounds. About a 50 KVA motor should do it. I am now researching and searching for the right combination of motor, controller and batteries for the job. Not getting very far. Am going to S-n-F to talk to whomever will listen.

I have a repairman's certificate so when I find what I need I will do a simple powerplant switch, put the wings back on and go flying. Simple,, no ? ? ? Probably no. But I will face that when it comes up,,, if I ever get that far.

Bernie Wilder

otto(at)otamat.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Hi Bernie,
I admire your decision, you are brave man. I am in a small way into EV, I build e-bikes and scooters, Li-ion batteries etc. On the surface it looks simple, but... have look at the Pipistrel electric. You will need very deep pockets, and even when you succeed, you will end up with 1 hour flying time with long time between recharges. There is much more than meets the eye, apart from the motor, controller, BMS, battery and charger. There are huge currents and voltages involved, smallest accident can end up in huge fire and meltdown. I know, I melted my Breitling titanium bracelet on the LI-ion battery. 
I think, for our Pulsars the Rotax 912/S is still the best option, lightweight, powerful, reasonably reliable and cheap, even when Rotax spare parts are rip-off.
Please don't think of me as a spoil sport, before you embark on it, build an e-bike to see in a small scale what is involved. 
best
otto
OK NAZ 20
[img]cid:ii_jrdndfqg1[/img]

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 21:28, N3300P <n3300p(at)gmail.com (n3300p(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> Pulsar-List message posted by: N3300P <n3300p(at)gmail.com (n3300p(at)gmail.com)>

Hi Bernie,
I may be interested in your 912 and Pulsar stuff. Where is the engine locates? I’m curious if there would be any chance of shipping if it is far from Oklahoma?
Thank you,
Ned

On Jan 24, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Bernard Wilder <bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com (bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

I have asperations of electrifying my Pulsar XP. I have pulled the engine and everything associated with it. That is, the oil sump, radiator, oil cooler, fuel selector valve, fuel filter, condenser fuel cell level sensors, fuel gauge, voltage regulator, mufflers, exhaust pipes, carbs and air filters, EIS system and all sensors, auxiliary electric fuel pump, fuel filter, everything associated with the 912  which has 700 hours on it.

When I stopped flying 390XP I didn't have the heart to sell it.  I pulled the wings and put it in my garage where it was born.  I liked looking at it.  After a year or so I realized I needed an excuse for keeping it. Hence the electrification project.

Stripped of the 912 and every thing related to it I think the bare air frame weighs a little less than 500 pounds. About a 50 KVA motor should do it. I am now researching and searching for the right combination of motor, controller and batteries for the job.  Not  getting very far. Am going to S-n-F to talk to whomever will listen.

I have a repairman's  certificate so when I find what I need I will do a simple powerplant switch, put the wings back on and go flying. Simple,, no ? ? ?   Probably no. But I will face that when it comes up,,, if I ever get that far.

Bernie Wilder
===========
ar-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

Pulsar1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.83 KB
 Viewed:  9651 Time(s)

Pulsar1.jpg

DiscoverPulsar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Hi Otto,
I’m with you on electrification especially concerning airplanes. Without government subsidies the electrification of cars would not be able to compete with gasoline cars. There has been decades of indoctrination concerning “green” but electricity does not come close to competing with the energy one can get from a gallon of gasoline. In the U.S. 70% of our electrical power is produced by hydrocarbons so when one steps back to look at the overall effect electric cars provide no “green” benefit over gas power. This may change when oil runs out but that date has been predicted for a hundred years and the petroleum industry just keeps finding more reserves!
It’s a bit of a novelty and by all means if one Bernie wants to do it I say by all means pursue your hobby. But as far as practical flying goes it’s not....
Best regards,
Ned

On Jan 26, 2019, at 9:46 AM, Otto Souta <otto(at)otamat.com (otto(at)otamat.com)> wrote:
Hi Bernie,
I admire your decision, you are brave man. I am in a small way into EV, I build e-bikes and scooters, Li-ion batteries etc. On the surface it looks simple, but... have look at the Pipistrel electric. You will need very deep pockets, and even when you succeed, you will end up with 1 hour flying time with long time between recharges. There is much more than meets the eye, apart from the motor, controller, BMS, battery and charger. There are huge currents and voltages involved, smallest accident can end up in huge fire and meltdown. I know, I melted my Breitling titanium bracelet on the LI-ion battery.
I think, for our Pulsars the Rotax 912/S is still the best option, lightweight, powerful, reasonably reliable and cheap, even when Rotax spare parts are rip-off.
Please don't think of me as a spoil sport, before you embark on it, build an e-bike to see in a small scale what is involved.
best
otto
OK NAZ 20

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 21:28, N3300P <n3300p(at)gmail.com (n3300p(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
--> Pulsar-List message posted by: N3300P <n3300p(at)gmail.com (n3300p(at)gmail.com)>

Hi Bernie,
Thank you,
Ned

On Jan 24, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Bernard Wilder <bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com (bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Bernie Wilder
===========
ar-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
===========
FORUMS -
===========
WIKI -
===========
b Site -
===========

lancegoddard(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: 912 for sale Reply with quote

I’m very sorely tempted to refute all of Ned’s statements, but instead will request that this forum remain dedicated to the Pulsar airplane. There are many other forums more suitable for such discussion and debate.
Lance Goddard
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2019, at 9:37 AM, N3300P <n3300p(at)gmail.com (n3300p(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Hi Otto,
I’m with you on electrification especially concerning airplanes. Without government subsidies the electrification of cars would not be able to compete with gasoline cars. There has been decades of indoctrination concerning “green” but electricity does not come close to competing with the energy one can get from a gallon of gasoline. In the U.S. 70% of our electrical power is produced by hydrocarbons so when one steps back to look at the overall effect electric cars provide no “green” benefit over gas power. This may change when oil runs out but that date has been predicted for a hundred years and the petroleum industry just keeps finding more reserves!
It’s a bit of a novelty and by all means if one Bernie wants to do it I say by all means pursue your hobby. But as far as practical flying goes it’s not....
Best regards,
Ned
On Jan 26, 2019, at 9:46 AM, Otto Souta <otto(at)otamat.com (otto(at)otamat.com)> wrote:
Hi Bernie,

best
otto
OK NAZ 20

Quote:
--> Pulsar-List message posted by: N3300P <n3300p(at)gmail.com (n3300p(at)gmail.com)> Hi Bernie, I may be interested in your 912 and Pulsar stuff. Where is the engine locates? I’m curious if there would be any chance of shipping if it is far from Oklahoma? Thank you, Ned On Jan 24, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Bernard Wilder <bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com (bernard.wilder2(at)gmail.com)> wrote: I have asperations of electrifying my Pulsar XP. I have pulled the engine and everything associated with it. That is, the oil sump, radiator, oil cooler, fuel selector valve, fuel filter, condenser fuel cell level sensors, fuel gauge, voltage regulator, mufflers, exhaust pipes, carbs and air filters, EIS system and all sensors, auxiliary electric fuel pump, fuel filter, everything associated with the 912 which has 700 hours on it. All above for sale as a package for $8,000.00 When I stopped flying 390XP I didn't have the heart to sell it. I pulled the wings and put it in my garage where it was born. I liked looking at it. After a year or so I realized I needed an excuse for keeping it. Hence the electrification project. Stripped of the 912 and every thing related to it I think the bare air frame weighs a little less than 500 pounds. About a 50 KVA motor should do it. I am now researching and searching for the right combination of motor, controller and batteries for the job. Not getting very far. Am going to S-n-F to talk to whomever will listen. I have a repairman's certificate so when I find what I need I will do a simple powerplant switch, put the wings back on and go flying. Simple,, no ? ? ? Probably no. But I will face that when it comes up,,, if I ever get that far. Bernie Wilder =========== ar-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List =========== FORUMS - eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com =========== WIKI - errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com =========== b Site - -Matt Dralle, List Admin. rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution ===========

mvmccann(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Otto, don't have any comments on the electric plane issue, however, just wanted to compliment you on the very nice looking Pulsar you're flying in the photo.  Appears to be silver in color..don't see many in that paint scheme.  Safe flying.

Mike McCann
Pulsar 1 - 582
RV9-A

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 8:51 AM Otto Souta <otto(at)otamat.com (otto(at)otamat.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi Bernie,
best
otto
OK NAZ 20

Quote:

Hi Bernie,
Thank you,
Ned

I have a repairman's  certificate so when I find what I need I will do a simple powerplant switch, put the wings back on and go flying. Simple,, no ? ? ?   Probably no. But I will face that when it comes up,,, if I ever get that far.

Bernie Wilder
===========
===========
FORUMS -
===========
WIKI -
===========
b Site -
===========

Pulsar1.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  9649 Time(s)

Pulsar1.jpg

otto(at)otamat.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, yes it's metallic silver and black. 
My Pulsar in formation flight with Martin Sonka, Red Bull World Champion...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_6ooPfAJ8&t=37s

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 at 00:57, mike mccann <mvmccann(at)gmail.com (mvmccann(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Otto, don't have any comments on the electric plane issue, however, just wanted to compliment you on the very nice looking Pulsar you're flying in the photo.  Appears to be silver in color...don't see many in that paint scheme.  Safe flying.

Mike McCann
Pulsar 1 - 582
RV9-A

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 8:51 AM Otto Souta <otto(at)otamat.com (otto(at)otamat.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi Bernie,
best
otto
OK NAZ 20

Quote:

Hi Bernie,
Thank you,
Ned

Bernie Wilder
===========
===========
FORUMS -
===========
WIKI -
===========
b Site -
===========

Pulsar1.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  9637 Time(s)

Pulsar1.jpg

Yellowhammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: 912 for sale Reply with quote

otto(at)otamat.com wrote:
Hi Bernie,
best
otto
OK NAZ 20

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 21:28, N3300P <n3300p> wrote:

Quote:
--> Pulsar-List message posted by: N3300P <n3300p>

Hi Bernie,
Thank you,
Ned

On Jan 24, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Bernard Wilder <bernard> wrote:

Bernie Wilder
===========
===========
FORUMS -
===========
WIKI -
===========
b Site -
===========

Whom ever owns the Pulsar pictured below, I absolutely love that color choice. I am planning on doing the exact same. Could you provide the specific type of paint you used. It by far the sexiest Pulsar I have seen.

Thanks, Clyde

Yellowhammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Hi Bernie,
best
otto
OK NAZ 20

Quote:

Hi Bernie,
Thank you,
Ned

Bernie Wilder
===========
===========
FORUMS -
===========
WIKI -
===========
b Site -
===========

Whom ever owns the Pulsar pictured below, I absolutely love that color choice. I am planning on doing the exact same. Could you provide the specific type of paint you used. It by far the sexiest Pulsar I have seen.

Thanks, Clyde

Yellowhammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Hi Bernie,
best
otto
OK NAZ 20

Quote:

Hi Bernie,
Thank you,
Ned

Bernie Wilder
===========
===========
FORUMS -
===========
WIKI -
===========
b Site -
===========

Thanks, Clyde

Yellowhammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Hi Bernie,
best
otto
OK NAZ 20

Quote:

Hi Bernie,
Thank you,
Ned

Bernie Wilder
===========
===========
FORUMS -
===========
WIKI -
===========
b Site -
===========

Thanks, Clyde

Yellowhammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: 912 for sale Reply with quote

Hi Bernie,
best
otto
OK NAZ 20

Quote:

Hi Bernie,
Thank you,
Ned

Bernie Wilder
===========
===========
FORUMS -
===========
WIKI -
===========
b Site -
===========

Thanks, Clyde

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: