Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still noisy voltmeter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achille

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject: Still noisy voltmeter Reply with quote

Hi all,

I send a message because I have since months a noisy voltmeter after the total change of my electrical system. And I tried to resolved it without good evolution.

I have used the book of bob, and it's the Z19 electrical diagram or very close to.

I have 2 votmeters, one for main batterie and the other one for the aux bat 7amp/h bat. Set with one 2 way switch.

The both voltmeters are on the same place and the wire of each other are a wire harness. This wire harness pass below my VHF. And just the voltmeter 1 (Main system) is noisy. The other not. (pictures below)

My voltmeter 1 was set on the ESS bus bar after the diode. I tried to connect it before the diode. And in this case it's a bit (but still noisy) less noisy.

I have the noise a low level when I set voltmeter in ON and intercom ON, and when I set radio in ON the noise is higher.

In all case if I set my voltmeters in OFF no more noise.
Voltmeters switch ON but voltmeter 1 disconnected no noise... Rolling Eyes

Any idea ? Thank you

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

voltmeter.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  163.49 KB
 Viewed:  3551 Time(s)

voltmeter.jpg

voltmeter 2.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  voltmeter 2.pdf
 Filesize:  219.15 KB
 Downloaded:  284 Time(s)

user9253

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Still noisy voltmeter Reply with quote

How is voltmeter 1 grounded? I suggest to NOT ground the voltmeter to the
airframe. Instead, twist the positive and negative wires together all of the way
from the voltmeter to the battery. At the switch, loop the ground wire around
the switch, then continue the twisted pair to the battery.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Achille

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Still noisy voltmeter Reply with quote

It's grounded on the ground bus were all my items are coming. Same ground like voltmeter 2.

I will try thank you Wink
When you tell "loop wire around the switch" it's around the connection ?

Thank you.

user9253

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Still noisy voltmeter Reply with quote

No, I did not mean to connect the ground wire to the switch. What I meant was to run the positive and negative wires as a twisted pair all of the way from the source to the voltmeter (as much as possible). Try to avoid a single wire. If the wires are twisted together, radiated energy will be minimized.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: