Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakestr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

Greetings fellow Kolb enthusiasts,

I just got a nice old Kolb Firestar and am trying to get a hold of a parts list/booklet and/or the plans prints to get to know all about the bird. I have all the engine info, and the builder manual for the Firestar, but it seems to be lacking any parts info that would be pertinent to ensuring correct parts/assembly and replacing anything I may need to.

I will be looking for some Kolbs next month (at) SNF when I go, but would like to see if anyone here can point me in the right direction or if anyone has anything that may help. Emailing Kolb didn't get a reply, but didn't pursue it further, yet.

Thanks for any help, hope to see some of you (at) SNF, and any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Steve

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

west1m

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

I have a wrecked one with a blue print book and misc parts. Looking for anything in particular?

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Snakestr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

Looking for any info on parts I may need in the future. And would like to see the designed mounting setup for the wings and struts and landing gear. Would also be nice to have measurements to bounce the rigging against. Easier to see how it was planned to be put together when deciding to replace parts or making sure they are actually there/correct and not left out by one of the previous owners.

Don’t think I need any parts now, but a parts book/list or prints might tell me otherwise. Lol

Steve

slingshot003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

I too am looking for all the associated prints, part list, builder manual, and operating manual fora 7 rib KXP Firestar. I spoke with Kolb & this is no longer available.

It sure would be nice if we as a group could digitize this stuff (that is no longer availble from Kolb) so it can be preserved and made available so that second hand Kolb owners are not left to figure things out for themselves. It would make for a safer Kolb community and it would be greatly appreciated to those new to Kolb aircraft.

I have a scanner & will pay for postage of KXP material; scan them and return it to you; then make it available to for all to use. It would be best if someone with a website would store this stuff.

As helpful as the Kolb Company is, I'd bet they would even put a link to it on their website.

I still have the prints for my old Twinstar MK II. If they are no longer available from Kolb, then I would donate them to someone who needs them on the condition that they digitize them and make them available for the future needs of others. -Richard Swiderski

west1m

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

I have seen a link to one of the books here on this site but I am not sure which model it was.
It would be a project to get my Firestar book all together and posted I may have to do that...

capedavis(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

Richard I believe I hav the builders manual for the KXP as I built and flew on 19 years ago do you have the means to copy it and return it to me ? I wish to hold on to it for old times sake. CHRIS

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Mar 9, 2019, at 11:15 AM, slingshot003 <i2bxtn(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I too am looking for all the associated prints, part list, builder manual, and operating manual fora 7 rib KXP Firestar. I spoke with Kolb & this is no longer available.

It sure would be nice if we as a group could digitize this stuff (that is no longer availble from Kolb) so it can be preserved and made available so that second hand Kolb owners are not left to figure things out for themselves. It would make for a safer Kolb community and it would be greatly appreciated to those new to Kolb aircraft.

I have a scanner & will pay for postage of KXP material; scan them and return it to you; then make it available to for all to use. It would be best if someone with a website would store this stuff.

As helpful as the Kolb Company is, I'd bet they would even put a link to it on their website.

I still have the prints for my old Twinstar MK II. If they are no longer available from Kolb, then I would donate them to someone who needs them on the condition that they digitize them and make them available for the future needs of others. -Richard Swiderski

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487986#487986

slingshot003

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

Chris,

That would be great! Yes I can scan up to legal size pages. Send me an email at i2bxtn(at)gmail.com and we can work out the details.

Thank you.
Richard Swiderski

Dennis Urban

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

Seems like you are getting what you need, but if not, I have a complete set of blue prints rolled up in a tube (way beyond legal size, very large, blue print size - something like 2' x 3') for a Firestar KXP 7 rib, back from the Phoenixville. PA Kolb days. I do not believe there ever was a build manual, just those blue prints with their notes.

If you don't get what you need, contact me. I won't part with them, but I could take them to Staples and get them reproduced (probably cost over $50 - I did that once before). If you are nearby, we could meet at Staples. I live near Upperstrasburg, PA 17265

Dennis Urban
denniswurban at gmail

west1m

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

I made a copy of the 1989 Firefly manual today. I had trouble getting the link to work, I try to make it work better when I can but if you feel like trying here is a link.
Sorry Kolb sent me a note not to post...
I have some Firestar prints also I will try to do the same with those if anyone thinks these were worth the effort.

Last edited by west1m on Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Snakestr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Need parts list/plan prints for Firestar Reply with quote

West1m,

Thanks for the manual, although it’s a firefly, but I guess they still offer it at Kolb.

I don’t think they still offer the old Firestar prints, I would think they wouldn’t have an issue with out of date publications being available.

Thanks again,
Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: