Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firestar Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject: Firestar Sale Reply with quote

Hi Kolbers,

Tonight the shi pping sontractor showed up to take my Firestar to its new owner in Missouri. The new owner is Mr. Brandon Goring, and I sincerely wish him the best with this aircraft. It is my understanding thata he is going to put a 503 or other "appropriate" 2-stroke engine on it.

Just to give everyone here some comfort, please rest assured that I returned it to almost stock configuration before I shipped it out. He is getting a safe airlane that is not "wonky", "strange" or greatly modified like it was when I was testing it. Please welcome Brandon and his aircraft to the Kolb List when he arrives.

Importantly, I REMOVED the short extensions that raised the leading edge of the stabilizers and bolted them back in their original location. This was strongly suggested by John H and many others.

The tall landing gear is still on it, however I did give the original stock length (aluminum) gear legs to the new owner with the aircraft in case he wants to start with the short gear.

I had installed hydraulic brakes and Azusa aluminum wheels, instead of the cable brakes. These were left on the aircraft because many Kolbs have been successful with this upgrade,a nd it does not cause any abnormal characteristics.

This Kolb has the upgrade heavy duty tailwheel as sold by Kolb.

The 14 gallon plastic fuel tank was installed behind the pilot seat, since he indicated it was going to be flown as a single seat aircraft.This tanks is just about directly under the CG, so it will make the aircraft balance better and with less concern than even the stock fuel system.

The vortex generators were left on the wings and tail, since these are now well known to be a safe and beneficial upgrade.

I had installed stick-on trim tabs on the elevators and rudder. His engine installation will more than likely require the tabs to be re-adjusted, but the majority of Kolbs have stick-on trim tabs so I believe these are worth him keeping.

Bill Berle
www.ezflaphandle.com  - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: