Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 430W error message on startup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Avionics-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Garmin 430W error message on startup Reply with quote

Folks,

Every time I start my Garmin 430W, I get an error message that reads “FPL waypoint is locked” – after reading the message, it goes away. This recently started showing up so I think I may have changed a configuration or entered something that causes this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ralph Capen

- The Matronics Avionics-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Avionics-List
daberti(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Garmin 430W error message on startup Reply with quote

It appears this message is generated when you have a saved flight plan with a waypoint that is no longer in the navigation database. This could also be a “user” waypoint.
Dave Alberti414-699-9312
On Sep 29, 2018, at 6:25 AM, Ralph E. Capen <recapen(at)earthlink.net (recapen(at)earthlink.net)> wrote:
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Folks,

Every time I start my Garmin 430W, I get an error message that reads “FPL waypoint is locked” – after reading the message, it goes away. This recently started showing up so I think I may have changed a configuration or entered something that causes this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ralph Capen

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

skywagon185(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Garmin 430W error message on startup Reply with quote

Dave,
I have never seen this problem in the 430W.  However, you offered a great tip if I ever do as I have generated 100's of "User" waypoints that I use in some flight plans... Good Tip.
Dave

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 8:44 AM Dave <daberti(at)sbcglobal.net (daberti(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:

Quote:
It appears this message is generated when you have a saved flight plan with a waypoint that is no longer in the navigation database. This could also be a “user” waypoint.
Dave Alberti414-699-9312
On Sep 29, 2018, at 6:25 AM, Ralph E. Capen <recapen(at)earthlink.net (recapen(at)earthlink.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Folks,

Every time I start my Garmin 430W, I get an error message that reads “FPL waypoint is locked” – after reading the message, it goes away.  This recently started showing up so I think I may have changed a configuration or entered something that causes this.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ralph Capen

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Garmin 430W error message on startup Reply with quote

OK – same answer from two places…

Gonna go through my FPL and look for LOKD

From: owner-avionics-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-avionics-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2018 11:44 AM
To: avionics-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Garmin 430W error message on startup

Dave Alberti
414-699-9312

Quote:

Folks,

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ralph Capen

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Garmin 430W error message on startup Reply with quote

That was the answer – I found a waypoint in two of my FPLs that were no longer in the Jeppesen database.
They were not user waypoints.

Thanks!

From: owner-avionics-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-avionics-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2018 11:44 AM
To: avionics-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Garmin 430W error message on startup

Dave Alberti
414-699-9312

Quote:

Folks,

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ralph Capen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Avionics-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: