Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Page

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter Reply with quote

At 06:00 PM 12/4/2017, "Robert L. Nuckolls, III" <nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com> wrote:
Quote:
The optimum board size is 1.175 x 0.630 for the 15-pin�shells. Let me know what you find for 25-pin . . . if you need to go that big.

Oh, I'll definitely need to use the 25-pin. I'll post a drawing of the max board outline for that size.

Eric

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Eric Page

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter Reply with quote

Components for the video mux arrived today. The DB-25 backshell has four small plastic bosses inside each half to locate the included cable clamp; these are easily removed with a small flush cutter or X-Acto blade.

I made a CAD template for the PCB to fit this backshell and the DB-25 connector, then printed it at 100% and cut it out to verify fitment. Pads for the connector's solder cups align well and the PCB fills the shell nicely. Drawing is attached.

My PCB layout for the mux will need a little finessing to fit this board outline, which I'll do in the next couple of days. I expect to have boards ordered by Fri, then I'll assemble one and send it to Alec for firmware testing.

Eric

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

NorComp 956-025-010R031.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.87 KB
 Viewed:  7820 Time(s)

NorComp 956-025-010R031.jpg

DB-25 PCB Blank.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DB-25 PCB Blank.pdf
 Filesize:  8.85 KB
 Downloaded:  435 Time(s)

Airdog77

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitte Reply with quote

Very cool to see all this come together!

Thanks again Eric, Alec and Bob.

Cheers,
Wade

www.longezpush.com
Eric Page

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitte Reply with quote

Project update: A prototype PCB for the video multiplexer is assembled and ready for programming. I'll mail it to Alec next week so he can test his firmware.

Eric

Airdog77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitte Reply with quote

Eric,

Again, awesome.

I love it when (multiple) plans come together! Smile

Cheers,
Wade

www.longezpush.com
Eric Page

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitte Reply with quote

Update on the video multiplexer project:

Alec developed and tested firmware for the multiplexer, then programmed the prototype board that I sent him. He then returned it to me and I finished the assembly by adding the switching IC. I then packaged it up with some ancillary parts and mailed it to Wade, so he can give it a test when he gets to that point in his build.

More to follow once Wade reports on how the device works with his cameras.

Once we have a solid solution, I'll forward all of the design files to Bob so that he can host them in his archive.

Eric

Airdog77

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitte Reply with quote

Eric,

Just wanted to say thanks to you, Alec and Bob for making this idea become a reality. Impressive, quality work on the device as per usual.

I'll test it out as soon as I am able and report back.

Thanks!
Wade

www.longezpush.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: