Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woodcomp Propeller Overhaul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsvance54

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Woodcomp Propeller Overhaul Reply with quote

I just completed the LSRM-A repairman course and found a Service Bulletin on the Woodcomp Propeller that I did not previously know about.
Apparently, my 2006 Allegro 2000 should have been grounded for a propeller overhaul as of 2012. The Woodcomp Klassic 160 has a 6 year/ 950 hour TBO.
Anyone have a U.S. source for overhaul? Is there an alternate prop that has a better TBO or longer age limit?
[/list]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List

Brian Carpenter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Woodcomp Propeller Overhaul Reply with quote

I would encourage you to communicate with Doug at Allegro USA.. He would be the one that would know how to respond to this question.

Sent from my Brian's
iPhone

Quote:
On Jul 15, 2018, at 2:03 PM, lsvance54 <lsvance(at)comcast.net> wrote:

I just completed the LSRM-A repairman course and found a Service Bulletin on the Woodcomp Propeller that I did not previously know about.
Apparently, my 2006 Allegro 2000 should have been grounded for a propeller overhaul as of 2012. The Woodcomp Klassic 160 has a 6 year/ 950 hour TBO.
Anyone have a U.S. source for overhaul? Is there an alternate prop that has a better TBO or longer age limit?
[/list]

--------
Scott
N25017

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=481651#481651

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

N456TS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Woodcomp Propeller Overhaul Reply with quote

lsvance54 wrote:
[/list]

As you know, you're NOT limited to specific age requirements. It can be evaluated on-condition and signed off by you.

N456TS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Woodcomp Propeller Overhaul Reply with quote

lsvance54 wrote:

> Sir,
>
> I have a SLSA Allegro 2000. If I were flying experimental, I believe you
> are correct. I could then evaluate and sign off.
>
> Had a conversation with Light Sport Guru recently from OKC (FAA). First
> thing he asked me was why I'm not already Experimental!
>
> How am I NOT age limited as an SLSA?
>
> Thanks!
>
> L. Scott Vance

I refer you to the Willette letter. As you might know, the FAA legal
department interprets their regulations. This interpretation become
the FAA's official position on a subject unless the FAA is taken to
court and a judge disagrees.

The short of it is that the FAA is always above the manufacturer. The manufacturer can't over-extend their authority. They also can't stop you from using alternative methods acceptable to the administrator, such as on-condition inspection. I've attached the letter.

Doug will also refer you to the same.

You can perform an on-condition inspection on an S-LSA and an E-LSA. This is a practice acceptable to the administrator and is absolutely the norm. I've worked on several Allegros. I don't believe any of them had replaced their prop simply due to the bulletin.
Best regards,
Bradley Pearce

willette-dodgecenteraviation-legal-interpretation.pdf
 Description:
FAA legal letter

Download
 Filename:  willette-dodgecenteraviation-legal-interpretation.pdf
 Filesize:  91.37 KB
 Downloaded:  768 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: