Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting the Engine Reboots the EFIS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Page

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Starting the Engine Reboots the EFIS Reply with quote

I do still have circuit boards available for this project. Ordinarily I’d be happy to assemble another one, but I’m just starting to build a house and my free time is extremely limited. If you review the first couple of posts in this thread...

http://forum.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=477147

...you’ll find all the information about it. A link to a Digi-Key shopping cart populated with all of the required components is given on the schematic diagram.

A few notes:

- This is a brownout/reboot preventer only; it’s not a source of emergency power for avionics. For that, the TCW units or a similar DIY setup are a better choice.

- You’ll need a fairly stout soldering iron to successfully solder the large diodes. A soldering gun would be a good idea if you have one. All other components are solderable with normal techniques. The diodes are installed with their ring marking (cathode) facing up.

- It’s a good idea to apply some sort of adhesive around the base of the capacitors and large resistor heatsink to provide mechanical support. I used Shoe Goo on the boards that I assembled.

- I’d recommend using the plastic box as a mounting base for the circuit board and leave the lid off. This will help to keep things cool while the capacitors are charging.

Let me know if you want a PCB. I’ll sell what I have left at my cost: $0.55 ea. + postage and PayPal fee. I’ll include the M2.5 screws needed to mount it in the box.

Eric

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Eric M. Jones

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Starting the Engine Reboots the EFIS Reply with quote

I am glad to see that there is great interest in the deslumpifier, and that Eric Page has made these available.

I don't intent to sell these. Too many other things to do. BTW: There are BIG Supercaps that help start diesel engines in big trucks, and could in airplanes, too. So it really is industrial technology.

Eric M. Jones
PerihelionDesign.com

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

Southbridge, MA 01550
(508) 764-2072
emjones(at)charter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: