Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nose Gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyking76t(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

Ok guys....need some help here. In process of doing the condition inspection on the L29.  I'm servicing the nose gear strut with fluid and nitrogen. Maintenance manual says to depressurize the strut and add 3.38 ozs. of fluid and let set for 1-2 hours. then compress several times until the upper H-H edge of the piston rod nut is level with the K-K plane of the cylinder closing nut ( see Fig. 3.11). Excess fluid escapes thru the filler valve opening. After this operation, the quantity of AMG-10 (Aeroshell Fluid 4) will be correct. Fill with nitrogen to correct pressure.
Does anyone have a copy of Fig 3.11 they could email me? I have not been able to find this figure in any of my books. I have 4.25" of extended strut. With the 3.38 oz of added fluid, the strut will hydraulic lock upon compression at about 3" of exposed and I'm pretty sure that is not right.

Any help is appreciate.

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Dawg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

Try this, Collapse the strut completely, (on jacks of course), add fluid until it is overflowing, let the strut extend, top off with nitrogen and a nice cocktail.Just a thought.

How much nitrogen pressure do you have in the strut? 19 + 1 is correct. (ATM)

Quote:
On Jan 14, 2018, at 16:46, Anthony Royal <skyking76t(at)verizon.net (skyking76t(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Ok guys....need some help here. In process of doing the condition inspection on the L29. I'm servicing the nose gear strut with fluid and nitrogen. Maintenance manual says to depressurize the strut and add 3.38 ozs. of fluid and let set for 1-2 hours. then compress several times until the upper H-H edge of the piston rod nut is level with the K-K plane of the cylinder closing nut ( see Fig. 3.11). Excess fluid escapes thru the filler valve opening. After this operation, the quantity of AMG-10 (Aeroshell Fluid 4) will be correct. Fill with nitrogen to correct pressure.

Does anyone have a copy of Fig 3.11 they could email me? I have not been able to find this figure in any of my books. I have 4.25" of extended strut. With the 3.38 oz of added fluid, the strut will hydraulic lock upon compression at about 3" of exposed and I'm pretty sure that is not right.

Any help is appreciate.
skyking76t(at)verizon.net (skyking76t(at)verizon.net)

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

Worth a try. In my civil aircraft, we added just enough fluid so the strut would stop 0.5" from full collapse, to keep from bottoming out metal to metal if you lost pressure. That worked good for those.
I've never been able to get that much in mine. It completely extends the strut. Last time I added 18 atm, I let out enough so that when I pushed down on the nose, the strut went down and bounced back to full extend, then settled back down about an inch. That worked good. This summer the strut seemed to increase pressure and go back to just barely short of full extend on its own. Became worried might fully extend on the ground at the wrong time and lock in straight position and lose steering. Thus, trying to set as much per book with regards to fluid as possible and then work with pressure.

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:27 PM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Try this, Collapse the strut completely, (on jacks of course), add fluid until it is overflowing, let the strut extend, top off with nitrogen and a nice cocktail.Just a thought.

Quote:
On Jan 14, 2018, at 16:46, Anthony Royal <skyking76t(at)verizon.net (skyking76t(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Ok guys....need some help here. In process of doing the condition inspection on the L29.  I'm servicing the nose gear strut with fluid and nitrogen. Maintenance manual says to depressurize the strut and add 3.38 ozs. of fluid and let set for 1-2 hours. then compress several times until the upper H-H edge of the piston rod nut is level with the K-K plane of the cylinder closing nut ( see Fig. 3.11). Excess fluid escapes thru the filler valve opening. After this operation, the quantity of AMG-10 (Aeroshell Fluid 4) will be correct. Fill with nitrogen to correct pressure.

Any help is appreciate.

migfighter42(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

I use the same approach as Bill, works well.
But not the same cocktail
Bill Culberson
N39DE (till tomorrow)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 14, 2018, at 6:26 PM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com (l129bs(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Ok guys....need some help here. In process of doing the condition inspection on the L29. I'm servicing the nose gear strut with fluid and nitrogen. Maintenance manual says to depressurize the strut and add 3.38 ozs. of fluid and let set for 1-2 hours. then compress several times until the upper H-H edge of the piston rod nut is level with the K-K plane of the cylinder closing nut ( see Fig. 3.11). Excess fluid escapes thru the filler valve opening. After this operation, the quantity of AMG-10 (Aeroshell Fluid 4) will be correct. Fill with nitrogen to correct pressure.

Any help is appreciate.

Dawg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

Till tomorrow?
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2018, at 18:15, Bill Culberson <migfighter42(at)gmail.com (migfighter42(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Bill Culberson
N39DE (till tomorrow)Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 14, 2018, at 6:26 PM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com (l129bs(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Any help is appreciate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

If that works for both of you, I will give it a try. Thanks for both your inputs.

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:19 PM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Till tomorrow?
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2018, at 18:15, Bill Culberson <migfighter42(at)gmail.com (migfighter42(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Bill Culberson
Quote:

Quote:

Any help is appreciate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

After 2 days searching, I just found the diagram that shows the H-H and K-K planes and it wasn't a Fig 3.11.  It was a Fig. 45 .....and you both were correct to collapse the strut all the way. Thanks for the guidance!!!

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:34 PM, Anthony Royal <skyking76t(at)verizon.net> wrote:

If that works for both of you, I will give it a try. Thanks for both your inputs.

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:19 PM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Till tomorrow?
Quote:

Bill Culberson
Quote:

Quote:

Any help is appreciate.

migfighter42(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

Tomorrow I will be selling my L-29 to a friend of mine from Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 14, 2018, at 7:33 PM, Anthony Royal <skyking76t(at)verizon.net (skyking76t(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:19 PM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com (l129bs(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Till tomorrow?
Quote:

Bill Culberson
Quote:

Quote:

Does anyone have a copy of Fig 3.11 they could email me? I have not been able to find this figure in any of my books.  I have 4.25" of extended strut. With the 3.38 oz of added fluid, the strut will hydraulic lock upon compression at about 3" of exposed and I'm pretty sure that is not right.

Any help is appreciate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

Bill,
Hate to hear that. If you have any parts you want to part with let me know,.
Good Luck
Tony

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 9:39 PM, Bill Culberson <migfighter42(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Tomorrow I will be selling my L-29 to a friend of mine from Tennessee.Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 14, 2018, at 7:33 PM, Anthony Royal <skyking76t(at)verizon.net (skyking76t(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:19 PM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com (l129bs(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Till tomorrow?
Quote:

Bill Culberson
Quote:

Quote:

Any help is appreciate.

Alekh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Nose Gear Reply with quote

Late to the party..... Laughing

Π‘Ρ‚ΠΎΠΉΠΊΠ° - Copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.13 KB
 Viewed:  11174 Time(s)

Π‘Ρ‚ΠΎΠΉΠΊΠ° - Copy.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

Yes, I finally found that diagram by accident after 2 days searching page by page thru the books but yours is much more readable than mine. I believe it's a Fig 45, not Fig 3.11 as was in the instructions..
Thank you for sending. Anything I can help you with let me know!

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:24 PM, Alekh <lekhkar(at)telus.net> wrote:

--> L29-List message posted by: "Alekh" <lekhkar(at)telus.net (lekhkar(at)telus.net)>

Late to the party..... [Laughing]

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=477350#477350

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/__copy_823.jpg

_-= the many List utilities such as List Un/Subscription,

http://www.m=================

http://wiki.matronics.com====================

http://w======

Dawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

what does it say?
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2018, at 21:23, Anthony Royal <skyking76t(at)verizon.net (skyking76t(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Yes, I finally found that diagram by accident after 2 days searching page by page thru the books but yours is much more readable than mine. I believe it's a Fig 45, not Fig 3.11 as was in the instructions..

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:24 PM, Alekh <lekhkar(at)telus.net (lekhkar(at)telus.net)> wrote:
--> L29-List message posted by: "Alekh" <lekhkar(at)telus.net (lekhkar(at)telus.net)>

Attachments:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Nose Gear Reply with quote

Maintenance manual says to depressurize the strut and add 3.38 ozs. of fluid and let set for 1-2 hours. then compress several times until the upper H-H edge of the piston rod nut is level with the K-K plane of the cylinder closing nut ( see Fig. 3.11).

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 3:17 AM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com> wrote:
what does it say?
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2018, at 21:23, Anthony Royal <skyking76t(at)verizon.net (skyking76t(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Yes, I finally found that diagram by accident after 2 days searching page by page thru the books but yours is much more readable than mine. I believe it's a Fig 45, not Fig 3.11 as was in the instructions.

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:24 PM, Alekh <lekhkar(at)telus.net (lekhkar(at)telus.net)> wrote:

Attachments:

Alekh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Nose Gear Reply with quote

It's a figure 3.11. You need see fig 14.5-6 for charge procedure.

Here is Russian manual, and it says:
1. Hang up the aircraft (wheels are hanging up, not touching the ground).
2. Depressurize the strut
3. Take the nipple out
4. Add 100cm3 of fluid thru the nipple hole
5. Wait for 1.5-2 hours
6. Slowly compress until the upper H-H edge of the piston rod nut is level with the K-K plane of the cylinder closing nut. Excess of oil will get out.
7. Install the nipple back
8. Fill up by Azote at 2atm more than normal pressure. The pressure will decrease about 2atm over short time.
9. Fill up a log book and ready to go.

I hope it helps.

Шасси.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  182.86 KB
 Viewed:  11151 Time(s)

Шасси.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: