Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creative thievery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Creative thievery Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, he slides the first transponder into the second
plane!! Clever! The second
plane owner has a transponder, and never think twice about it, even
though it's stolen.
He never reports anything, because he doesn't know a thing.

Creative thievery is certainly on the rise.
Friend of mine turned me on to a line of
"tennies" being stocked by Walmart that had
steel toes for about $30. Went in to check
them out. Had to open 5 or 6 boxes to find
a pair of shoes that had never been "on the
ground". Seems folks would wear these shoes
for a time, then come back to the store and
under a pretense of shopping for new shoes
would manage to leave their old shoes in
the box on the self.

I did buy a new pair. The clerk didn't bat an eye
when I asked what kind of price reduction I
might get for 4 pairs of used shoes that
I put up on the counter. Not all price increases
we are experiencing are due to inflation.

Bob . . .

DO NOT ARCHIVE

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
checkn6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Creative thievery Reply with quote

You want to hear another good one. Let's try Sporty's Pilot Shop.

While placing an online order, you put your items into your cart, go through the checkout procedure and if you aren't watching the "system" automatically places a $10 chart into your order at the last moment in the hopes that you won't catch it. It is after all a useful item who doesn't want a current chart for their zip code? Sporty's makes a few extra bucks and deals with the upset people that catch them. I won't be back as there are too many other respectable pilot shops out there.

I write this with personal knowledge as it just happened to me last week. I caught them after I paid with my card and then to "correct the mistake" they charged my card twice. Once with and once without the chart, of course they will refund the money but it gets held a while.

Deceit is a terrible thing. Reminds me of an old proverb I once heard.

"Greed for wealth and power, which no amount of wealth and power could ever satisfy, is a defect buried deep in human nature."

Chris

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Steeve77

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Creative thievery Reply with quote

You should keep several things in mind while you are doing online shopping. Firstly you have to select among best and top online stores that have great rating because of their work and service. I always shop online for my baby as i always find all variety and complete range of kids wear and no need to go out for shopping. You should select among Walmart, eBay, Adidas, Nike and other top brands. They allow you to shop best at cheap cost. I mostly use Walmart Coupons for discounted shopping.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: