Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing the GARMIN GMA350 all-digital Audio Panel/Mixer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trigo(at)mail.telepac.pt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Installing the GARMIN GMA350 all-digital Audio Panel/Mixer Reply with quote

Good morning

I am now installing the Garmin GMA350 all-digital Audio Panel/Mixer and I have a few questions.
To begin with, I’ll post a couple of questions right now, and leave the others for later.

This unit has a Failsafe Warn audio feature which allows the pilot to hear an alarm even when the unit has gone west or it is Off (at least that’s what I understand it does).
The GMA350 has 4 alert audio inputs (each one with Hi and Lo pins), to connect alert sources like altitude, terrain, AOA and such, and it has a FAILSAFE WARN AUDIO IN Hi (to be connected to pin 29 of connector J3502).
The manual says that this “FAILSAFE WARN AUDIO IN Hi is heard during normal operation as a fifth alert input”.
First question: it seems that I should connect to this pin what I consider the most important alert to be heard by the pilot, do you agree?

Then the manual has a “Caution” advise: “During failsafe mode both FAILSAFE WARN AUDIO IN Hi and COM1 AUDIO INPUT are connected to the PILOT HEADSET LEFT OUTPUT. During this time the output of the COM1 radio and the output of the device connected to FAILSAFE WARN AUDIO IN HI will become shorted together, potentially causing damage or interference. If the FAILSAFE WARN AUDIO IN HI is used, it may be necessary to install summing resistors in series between these sources and the inputs to the audio panel to protect the outputs from damage.”
Question is: where do I install these resistors, how many, and which resistance and power labels?

Thanks in advance for your help
Carlos

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
user9253

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Installing the GARMIN GMA350 all-digital Audio Panel/Mix Reply with quote

This thread should answer your questions:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=148974
Cut the audio input HI wire(s) and insert a resistor and capacitor in series with the two cut ends. Posts 12 and 13 and 17 in the above thread offer good advice. The values of the components are not critical.

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: