Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ground wiring and hours meter/RPM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Achille

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Ground wiring and hours meter/RPM Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have another question about my wiring diagram just before to begin on the plane. (4 questions) :

1) I followed the Z19R diagram, but my auxiliary battery is a small 7ah. (Main 18ah) Both battery on the nose of my canard aircraft. So I have to wire it via the main bus like another accessory ? (I don't remember were I read that)

Do I have to connect the "-" of the auxiliary battery to the Ground bus of the main battery ?

If yes, I am then note sure how to wire grounds of my aux. bat bus.

I set only fuel pump 2 and IGN 2 on this bus battery (to handle the worst situation, because on the main bus powered by the main battery I have an essential bus with Pump 1 and IGN1). But in this case I'm not sure how to wire the ground of this aux. bat bus.

I think a lot about this ground question because friend of mine loose his engine in flight du to fuel pump ground broke down (the both main an aux. pump ground) in a E-racer. And therefore, I would like a 2 dependent system, just joined for the aux. bat charge that it seems to be the case on the Z19R

I set a quick drawing done for this post quickly. (it's not my wiring diagram)

2) When I read the ground Z15.3.1, I see that oil pressure sensor (same for CHT/EGT/oil T°) will be grounded on the engine, and for the gauge, I have to wire the ground of the gauge on the engine ? (not on the panel or firewall ground bus,so in this case for a canard I have to run a wire thought the plane just to wire the gauge to the engine ? ).

3)I don't find how to wire a counter of engine hours. Previously it was wired with bat. master switch, which is a bad solution for engine count hours. (I would not like to add a oil pressure switch)

4)My RPM gauge have to be wired from an electronic ignition, I have to set shielded wire ? and breaker on this line ?

Thank you and sorry for this kind of question it's not my favorite speciality electricity. Embarassed Embarassed

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

Capture d’écran 2017-07-02 à 14.28.09.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  964.45 KB
 Viewed:  2830 Time(s)

Capture d’écran 2017-07-02 à 14.28.09.png

user9253

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Ground wiring and hours meter/RPM Reply with quote

The 30 amp relay should be disabled during engine cranking to prevent cranking current from overloading the aux circuit.
The aux battery could be grounded at the same location as the main battery.
All grounds, including engine block, need to be electrically connected together, preferably at the same physical location.

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: