Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stratus redrive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Stratus-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpkarnes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Stratus redrive Reply with quote

Hi all,
Have decided to replace my block with one from Ram (long story). Would need to transfer PSRU over to new engine. How hard is that?
John K.

- The Matronics Stratus-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List
bryanmaxmartin(at)yahoo.c

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Stratus redrive Reply with quote

Been there, done that. It’s not too difficult, it mounts in place of the flywheel housing. You have to remove the flywheel housing from the back of the Ram engine first. That’s held on with about six bolts through the back of the housing and about eight bolts through the oil pan, there’s also a couple of dowel pins. After the bolts are removed, a few taps from a rubber mallet might be needed to free it from the dowels.
To remove the redrive, you first need to remove the prop spacer which is held on with several Allen head bolts. These bolts are torqued on pretty tight and are deep in their holes, you might need a long Allen socket for these. Then you remove the redrive the same way you removed the flywheel housing. As I recall, there are a few extra threaded holes in the face of the redrive that you can used to push it off of the dowels by screwing the mounting bolts into them and bottoming them against the engine block.

As a side note, I had my aluminum prop extension turned down and installed a steel sleeve on it to keep the oil seal from wearing grooves in it.

--
Bryan Martin
N61BM, CH 601 XL,
RAM Subaru, Stratus re-drive.

Quote:
On Jun 13, 2017, at 8:48 AM, jpkarnes(at)comcast.net (jpkarnes(at)comcast.net) wrote:
Hi all,

Have decided to replace my block with one from Ram (long story). Would need to transfer PSRU over to new engine. How hard is that?

John K.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

andynfultz(at)bellsouth.n

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Stratus redrive Reply with quote

Been there, done that. No biggie, however if you send Ron all your accessories he'll install and run the new engine on the dyno. When you get it back, it's ready to install and go fly.
Andy F

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 13, 2017, at 7:48 AM, jpkarnes(at)comcast.net (jpkarnes(at)comcast.net) wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,
John K.
</ div>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Stratus-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: