Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotax 670 update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rowedenny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Rotax 670 update Reply with quote

Figured I'd update everyone on my 670 swap.
I now have over 5 hrs on the 670 and am very happy with the performance. The Ski Doo Denso single ignition is incredibly smooth and idles fine at 1600 rpm with a two blade or three blade prop. Easily the best starting two stroke I ever owned. My old three cylinder 2SI 690L with 28mm Mikuni carbs is super smooth but this thing is even smoother. Must be the huge flywheel and I guess the crank rebuild is dead nuts on.
I'm still fine tuning the pitch and am currently running two 68 inch Powerfin F blades until I get three blades cut to 66 inches.
Performance is stout, it turns the same prop and pitch I ran on my 670 about 600 rpm higher than the 690 did.
I added pitch to limit the over rev and am still fine tuning, basically my solo climb went from 850 fpm to 1250 fpm, top speed increased from 72mph to 85.
Cruise at 5400 rpm used to be 62mph, now it's 70.
Fuel burn is looking pretty close the same, around 4.5 gallon per hour at 5400 rpm.
Still have some testing to do but am very happy so far.
The 618 style exhaust is much quieter than my old engine and family and flying buddies say it sounds stronger from the ground.
It definitely shits and gets on take off.
So far so good.
Dennis "Skid" Rowe
Mk3, Rotax 670,
Leechburg, PA

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
John Hauck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Rotax 670 update Reply with quote

Sounds good!

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Figured I'd update everyone on my 670 swap.

The 618 style exhaust is much quieter than my old engine and family and
flying buddies say it sounds stronger from the ground.
It definitely shits and gets on take off.
So far so good.
Dennis "Skid" Rowe
Mk3, Rotax 670,
Leechburg, PA

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
kenw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Rotax 670 update Reply with quote

dennis are you still flying the 670..?
ive been researching a purchase.
thank you in advance.

rowedenny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Rotax 670 update Reply with quote

If you are asking me, see my previous post. Have it sitting in the basement collecting dust.

Dennis Rowe

Quote:
On Dec 7, 2016, at 9:17 PM, kenw <worthken67(at)gmail.com> wrote:

dennis are you still flying the 670..?
ive been researching a purchase.
thank you in advance.

--------
kenw

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=463773#463773

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: