Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

L29-List:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyking76t(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: L29-List: Reply with quote

Bob,
Do you have a full set you might sell?
Mine are stenciled on, not vinyl stick on. However, I'm putting vinyl stick on's back on.  By the way, do you know the color of the triangle symbol for the engine oil? Looks to be black perimeter but can't tell the center color.
From the best I can tell from the semi translated log books, it looks like it spent a lot of time in Slovakia and then was transferred to Kosice, where it was purchased from.

Question, the only instrument in my plane that does not work is the radar altimeter. The previous owner started "lightening" the aircraft and started cutting cables and such to the radar altimeter. Not sure what all is missing with regards to cabling. Do you know anyone who might have a complete removed radar altimeter system, not butchered, they might want to get rid of.....preferably in working condition?

Is there anyone who has LEGAL, ATF approved, de-commissioned rocket lauchers for sale? I think Cannavo got in trouble one time over this but I have seen on one other L-29
On Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:00 AM, "schwartzcompany(at)att.net" <schwartzcompany(at)att.net> wrote:
There was some discussion here about aircraft placards for the L29. The factory provided a schematic drawing of where each stencil was to go, it's color and size. This was very uniform throughout warsaw pact countries operating the aircraft. For clarification, the L29 operated by czechoslovakia (up to 1992 split) could be found placard in both czech and Slovak language.  Depending on where it had last been serviced. For example if overhauled or painted in Prerov in czech side would be stenciled in czech. When aircraft had overhaul at LOT which is in Trencin slovakia then you would find Slovak langauge. There is not much diference. Also log book entries commonly found in both languages. I have only seen Russian stencils on communications , parts and weapons such as rocket pod.  However the migs if built in russia were commonly stenciled in russian even though going elsewhere. Toward the end (1999-2004) the Czechs had made vinyl stick on graphics and labeling . These were in block letters. I have those. The older font style is more appealing. Hope this is helpful.
Get Outlook for Android

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
L29delfin(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject: L29-List: Reply with quote

Let me look and see if I can find the stencils for the placards. I have the rocket launchers R57/4m. They are on my R model now. Given the current atmosphere at ATF it would be a complicated import if you can even find a set. I also have the S5 rockets demiled of course
Kosice was the home to all basic flight training prior to 1992. Almost all L29 were there at one time or another.

On March 11, 2016 8:48:13 AM Anthony Royal <skyking76t(at)verizon.net> wrote:
Quote:
Bob,
Mine are stenciled on, not vinyl stick on. However, I'm putting vinyl stick on's back on. By the way, do you know the color of the triangle symbol for the engine oil? Looks to be black perimeter but can't tell the center color.
From the best I can tell from the semi translated log books, it looks like it spent a lot of time in Slovakia and then was transferred to Kosice, where it was purchased from.

Question, the only instrument in my plane that does not work is the radar altimeter. The previous owner started "lightening" the aircraft and started cutting cables and such to the radar altimeter. Not sure what all is missing with regards to cabling. Do you know anyone who might have a complete removed radar altimeter system, not butchered, they might want to get rid of.....preferably in working condition?

Is there anyone who has LEGAL, ATF approved, de-commissioned rocket lauchers for sale? I think Cannavo got in trouble one time over this but I have seen on one other L-29
On Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:00 AM, "schwartzcompany(at)att.net" <schwartzcompany(at)att.net> wrote:
There was some discussion here about aircraft placards for the L29. The factory provided a schematic drawing of where each stencil was to go, it's color and size. This was very uniform throughout warsaw pact countries operating the aircraft. For clarification, the L29 operated by czechoslovakia (up to 1992 split) could be found placard in both czech and Slovak language. Depending on where it had last been serviced. For example if overhauled or painted in Prerov in czech side would be stenciled in czech. When aircraft had overhaul at LOT which is in Trencin slovakia then you would find Slovak langauge. There is not much diference. Also log book entries commonly found in both languages. I have only seen Russian stencils on communications , parts and weapons such as rocket pod. However the migs if built in russia were commonly stenciled in russian even though going elsewhere. Toward the end (1999-2004) the Czechs had made vinyl stick on graphics and labeling . These were in block letters. I have those. The older font style is more appealing. Hope this is helpful.
Get Outlook for Android

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

FB_IMG_1457708774515.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  81.89 KB
 Viewed:  2772 Time(s)

FB_IMG_1457708774515.jpg

skyking76t(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: L29-List: Reply with quote

Bob,
One

On Friday, March 11, 2016 9:47 AM, Anthony Royal <skyking76t(at)verizon.net> wrote:
Bob,

Mine are stenciled on, not vinyl stick on. However, I'm putting vinyl stick on's back on. By the way, do you know the color of the triangle symbol for the engine oil? Looks to be black perimeter but can't tell the center color.

There was some discussion here about aircraft placards for the L29. The factory provided a schematic drawing of where each stencil was to go, it's color and size. This was very uniform throughout warsaw pact countries operating the aircraft. For clarification, the L29 operated by czechoslovakia (up to 1992 split) could be found placard in both czech and Slovak language.  Depending on where it had last been serviced. For example if overhauled or painted in Prerov in czech side would be stenciled in czech. When aircraft had overhaul at LOT which is in Trencin slovakia then you would find Slovak langauge. There is not much diference. Also log book entries commonly found in both languages. I have only seen Russian stencils on communications , parts and weapons such as rocket pod.  However the migs if built in russia were commonly stenciled in russian even though going elsewhere. Toward the end (1999-2004) the Czechs had made vinyl stick on graphics and labeling . These were in block letters. I have those. The older font style is more appealing. Hope this is helpful.
Get Outlook for Android

L29delfin(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: L29-List: Reply with quote

Hello
I have one set of the vinyl stencils. I can photo copy these and you can have stick ons made from that. Block lettering. However the orignal stencil font like I sent you is different . I prefer the older style.
I will have to look close to see if that triangle is brown or black. Faded
I have to my knowledge the only set of rocket pods for l29 in usa. There are some for the L39 around but totally diferent style and won't connect. Where to buy the pods I don't know. I'm not sure atf will even issue a permit to import those now. I brought mine in 1998 and was granted a permit. A lot has changed.
The L29 were mostly for training and that took place at kosice. Prior to 1992 break up of slovakia czech the overhauls of L29 were almost exclusively performed at trencin in slovakia. Thus the Slovak logbook entries.
As a side note after 4 years of looking I have found 3 new engine start boxes. Have gotten rare and do go bad. I have 2 for sale. Also I bought 50 fuel filters and 2 igniter boxes. All should be here in a couple weeks. I also will be buying 3 or 4 new engines. Keeping 2 for my airplanes. Others will be for sale. Zero time since overhaul.
Bob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: