Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

L29-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 07/09/15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedy11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: L29-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 07/09/15 Reply with quote

Is there anybody on this list?
I have a L-29 (experimental) and I'd like to replace the expensive battery with Odyssey PC-680s. I understand some guys have done that with two batteries wired in series.
Anyone here done that?
Stan Sutterfield

[quote][b]

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
bculberson(at)staraviatio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: L29-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 07/09/15 Reply with quote

It works like a champ, I've been running therm in mine for 10 years. Call if you want more info.

Bill Culberson
Red Star Aero
251 716 8119

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/10/2015 13:57 (GMT-05:00)
To: l29-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: L29-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 07/09/15

I have a L-29 (experimental) and I'd like to replace the expensive battery with Odyssey PC-680s. I understand some guys have done that with two batteries wired in series.
Anyone here done that?
Stan Sutterfield

[quote]

://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
ics.com
.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ncam(at)wave.co.nz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: L29-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 07/09/15 Reply with quote

Odyssey works fine I used 940 approx in series and if you are exp. use a dive bottle. It may require nose ballast but makes you autonomous, and you can land anywhere without a ground team.
Quote:
On 11/07/2015, at 06:39, Bill Culberson <bculberson(at)staraviation.com (bculberson(at)staraviation.com)> wrote:
It works like a champ, I've been running therm in mine for 10 years. Call if you want more info.

Bill Culberson
Red Star Aero
251 716 8119

To: l29-list(at)matronics.com (l29-list(at)matronics.com)

Is there anybody on this list? I have a L-29 (experimental) and I'd like to replace the expensive battery with Odyssey PC-680s. I understand some guys have done that with two batteries wired in series. Anyone here done that? Stan Sutterfield

Quote:

ics.com
.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

jorgen.nielsen(at)mweb.co

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: L29-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 07/09/15 Reply with quote

Been running a set in series that lasted a good 8 years. See the pic for latest. Batteries from Enersys, genesis 42EP. Works great, I have noticed the float voltage a bit higher than any other battery I have tested.

Another tip that may help someone: at some point I could not get hold of a 24V smart charger, the type you can leave connected. I then found an ad in a bike magazine for electric scooters (and parts) that run off 24V, called them, ended up buying a great little 24V charger that may be left connected. Does not put out a lot of amps, but great for keeping battery topped off. Was cheap enough.

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill Culberson
Sent: 10 July 2015 20:40
Subject: RE: Re: L29-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 07/09/15

Bill Culberson

Red Star Aero

251 716 8119

To: l29-list(at)matronics.com (l29-list(at)matronics.com)

Anyone here done that?
Stan Sutterfield
Quote:
://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-Listics.com.matronics.com/contribution
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

IMG_3918.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.01 KB
 Viewed:  3535 Time(s)

IMG_3918.JPG

anthony.royal(at)volvo.co

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: L29-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 07/09/15 Reply with quote

Running dual 680’s since 2010 and never failed.  I’m  considering the 900 series in the Odyssey’s for a little more starting power the next time around. Supposed to fit in the original battery box.  Little more money and weight

Anthony (Tony) Royal
L-29 Maj Kissof
*************** Confidentiality  Notice ****************
This e-mail transmission and/or attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any forwarding, printing, storing, disseminating, distribution, or copying of this communication, in whole or in part, without the expressed verbal or written consent of the writer is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of speedy11(at)aol.com
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2015 1:51 PM
Subject: L29-List: Re: L29-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 07/09/15

I have a L-29 (experimental) and I'd like to replace the expensive battery with Odyssey PC-680s.  I understand some guys have done that with two batteries wired in series.
Anyone here done that?
Stan Sutterfield
Quote:
  _-============================================================_-=          - The L29-List Email Forum -_-= Use the Matronics List Features Navigator to browse_-= the many List utilities such as List Un/Subscription,_-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,_-= Photoshare, and much much more:_-=_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List 
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
_-============================================================
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: