Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ignition Unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SD737(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Ignition Unit Reply with quote

Hello guys,

My plane is "down" with a mechanical problem.  I need an ignitor box to replace a defective one on my plane.
It is the small box mounted on the side of the engine just above the turbo cooler and the leads to the ignitors connect to it.

Symptom:  Would give ingnition during start on first start, but once engine was hot and then shut down the following subsequent start would yield NO ignition.

Problem got worse where now I only get two quick "snaps" of ignition and then ignition ceases.

Have diagnosed problem and have checked that there IS power to the ignitor box during the start sequence and verified by directly connecting 24V power to ignitor box cannon plug/pins and no ignition firing.  So, Bad Ignitor Box...  Nothing worse than BAD BOX!

Any of the L-29 guys have a ignitor box out there?

If so please call me or email me directly at   SD737(at)AOL.COM (SD737(at)AOL.COM)

Thanks,

Scott Douglass
Reno, NV
C. 775-843-1946

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
colyergreg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Ignition Unit Reply with quote

Scott, you always find the bad box!  You need a fresh, clean new box....I'll help you look 

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ca6209(at)flash.net

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Ignition Unit Reply with quote

Scott,
Brian in NY bought Marvin's engine that had a FOD issue and it has a good box with it.I think it (the engine) is in Austin, Tx area .
Let me know if you don,t have Brians E-Mail He is on The CJAA site
Gary Cole
I will be at RENO again this year.

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of SD737(at)aol.com
Sent: Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:15 PM
To: l29-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Ignition Unit

Hello guys,

My plane is "down" with a mechanical problem.  I need an ignitor box to replace a defective one on my plane.

It is the small box mounted on the [b]side [/b]of the engine just above the turbo cooler and the leads to the ignitors connect to it.

Symptom:  Would give ingnition during start on first start, but once engine was hot and then shut down the following subsequent start would yield NO ignition.

Problem got worse where now I only get two quick "snaps" of ignition and then ignition ceases.

Have diagnosed problem and have checked that there IS power to the ignitor box during the start sequence and verified by directly connecting 24V power to ignitor box cannon plug/pins and no ignition firing.  So, Bad Ignitor Box...  Nothing worse than BAD BOX!

Any of the L-29 guys have a ignitor box out there?

If so please call me or email me directly at   SD737(at)AOL.COM (SD737(at)AOL.COM)

Thanks,

Scott Douglass

Reno, NV

C. 775-843-1946

Bcolombo(at)twcny.rr.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Ignition Unit Reply with quote

gary, It was great to spend time with you in wendover. I have spoken with scott about the ignition box and because it is my only spare I wanted to keep it on the shelf. I did offer it to him to use as long as he needs it so he does not miss out on any flying until he is able to find another one. I will check another parts turbine I have in a container It might also have the ignitor box on it. I will check as soon as I can. scott call me 315-436-5970 If you need to use this one for a while.

Brian
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: