Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Carb Synch in 912. Should Carbs behave the same at al

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
godobcn(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: New to Carb Synch in 912. Should Carbs behave the same at al Reply with quote

Hi,

After attending a couple of seminars and watching the videos, I felt I could run my firts Carb Synch...
I followed the manual and run first the mechanical adjustment followed by the pneumatic ones at 3000 rpm.  All good here.

Issue came when, out of curiosity, I wanted to check if carbs would be balanced also at the high rpms when I would be flying, so I started adjusting, not for 3000 as per the manual, but playing up and down.

The thing is that, no matter which rpm I would synchronise for, the results would not be the same all way in the rest of the rpm, so I started to believe that I had a different behaviour in the carbs.  I asked the shop that does usually my maintenance and both carbs were cleaned and needles changed 10 h ago.

So here I am, doubting if my readings are wrong, If I need to check again carbs or if I'm only good to build airframes, but unable to tune engines...
For those of you with more experience, any suggestion/comments pls

Thanks in advance
Godo
RV12 in Barcelona, Spain
Last data:
                Rigth vs Left Carb mmH reading
4500 rpm  +0.5 mm
4000 rpm  +0.0 mm
3500 rpm  -1.5  mm
3000 rpm  -2.5  mm
2500 rpm  -2.5  mm

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: