Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: CO Reply with quote

Chad,

I am still flying regularly when weather permits. CO is present but seems to be manageable.

I can smell exhaust but the indicator is staying clear. I have been on several flights of an hour or more without being lightheaded or seen any indication of CO on the card. I try to stay aware of the situation as much as possible. The extension on the exhaust seemed to have helped a lot. I also installed boots around my steering rods that a friend sewed for several 601 drivers. I still have not sealed around the canopy real tightly because it makes it hard to latch.

I will keep you posted if any progress is made.

Thanks for your concern and help,

Bobby ( age 75 )
Zodiac 601 XL "B"
Jabiru 3300 S/N 1141
Sensenich 64" x 51" Prop
Bing Carb 260 Main & 290 Needle Jet
Status - Flying 203 hrs.
Do Not Archive

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
aprazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: CO Reply with quote

Bobby,
I'm am the victim of carbon monoxide poisoning! Many years ago while driving an Austin Healey across the Snake River Plain in one of Idaho's famous snow storms - the muffler fell off after hitting a chuck-hole left by road construction.
I elected to continue driving and soon after the next thing I remember was a state cop trying to wake us - thinking that we were drunk!
This Healey, being a rag-top, had more air leaks than a sieve - I and my Mother were dressed in our ski togs, had the heater turned up full force, etc...
Excerpts from Wipeka: "Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is slightly less dense than air. It is toxic to humans and animals when encountered in higher concentrations.
The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may resemble other types of poisonings and infections, including symptoms such as headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fatigue, and a feeling of weakness. Affected families often believe they are victims of food poisoning. Infants may be irritable and feed poorly. Neurological signs include confusion, disorientation, visual disturbance, syncope and seizures".
I've been told by several Doctors that once knocked out by CO, a person has less tolerance and is more susceptible to a recurrence with the slightest exposure.
I hope that by sharing my story that all of you take heed by correcting your CO problems!
Mack

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: