Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Milestone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Milestone Reply with quote

Guys

Last Saturday I went out early as a front was approaching from the west. It was clear blue sky and silky smooth air. I visited two nearby airports and talked to several EAA'ers and homebuilders. As I was returning to my home field the air was a little rough and the clouds were moving in from the west. I glanced down at the Hobbs and saw it reading 199.9 hrs.

I made up my mind to over fly the field for at least 3 minutes so the return flight would be equally long. As I landed and taxied up to shut down the Hobbs read 200.1. A milestone.

The 601 XL "B" was finished in '07 and down again for the B mods. It has been flying for about 4 1/2 yrs so the average flying time is roughly about 44 hrs per year.

The airframe is trimmed about as good as I can get it and the heat problems on the Jabiru 3300 are under control for the most part. The last several flights come under the heading of "Why I Fly" as quoted by Brady Lane in Sport Aviation. Flights such as the $100 hamburger with other planes, fly-ins, and visits to other builders fields.

The enjoyment is getting better than the work factor.

Thanks to all on this list that helped along the way.

Bobby ( age 75 )
Zodiac 601 XL "B"
Jabiru 3300 S/N 1141
Sensenich 64" x 51" Prop
Bing Carb 260 Main & 290 Needle Jet
Status - Flying 200.1 hrs.
Do Not Archive

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
erwinfbeckman(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Milestone Reply with quote

Way to go, Bobby!!! I have 50 on mine after 12 years of work including the "B" mod!!       Good job!

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM, <BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net (BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net)> wrote:
[quote]Guys

Last Saturday I went out early as a front was approaching from the west. It was clear blue sky and silky smooth air. I visited two nearby airports and talked to several EAA'ers and homebuilders. As I was returning to my home field the air was a little rough and the clouds were moving in from the west. I glanced down at the Hobbs and saw it reading 199.9 hrs. 

I made up my mind to over fly the field for at least 3 minutes so the return flight would be equally long. As I landed and taxied up  to shut down the Hobbs read 200.1.  A milestone.

The 601 XL "B" was finished in '07 and down again for the B mods. It has been flying for about 4 1/2 yrs so the average flying time is roughly about 44 hrs per year.

The airframe is trimmed about as good as I can get it and the heat problems on the Jabiru 3300 are under control for the most part. The last several flights come under the heading of "Why I Fly" as quoted by Brady Lane in Sport Aviation. Flights such as the $100 hamburger with other planes, fly-ins, and visits to other builders fields.

Bobby  ( age 75 )
Zodiac 601 XL "B"
Jabiru  3300  S/N  1141
Sensenich 64" x 51" Prop
Status - Flying  200.1 hrs.
Do Not Archive

Quote:

_blank">www.aeroelectric.com
.com" target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com
="_blank">www.mypilotstore.com
ank">www.mrrace.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
tp://forums.matronics.com

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

carlossa52(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Milestone Reply with quote

Bobby, congratulations and thanks for the motivation!
Carlos

CH601-HD, plans

On 26 November 2013 12:19, <BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net (BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net)> wrote:
[quote]Guys

I made up my mind to over fly the field for at least 3 minutes so the return flight would be equally long. As I landed and taxied up  to shut down the Hobbs read 200.1.  A milestone.

Bobby  ( age 75 )
Zodiac 601 XL "B"
Jabiru  3300  S/N  1141
Sensenich 64" x 51" Prop
Status - Flying  200.1 hrs.

[b]

SIDESLIP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Milestone Reply with quote

Bobby,

Did you sort out the CO problem like I'm having?

I'm still working on mine.

Chad

C-GYXQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: