Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IO360B1E

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gengrumpy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: IO360B1E Reply with quote

I have a line on a used one that was on an Arrow.

Anyone have any insight on this particular engine and whether or not it works well on the RV8?

grumpy

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
alan(at)airweigh.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: IO360B1E Reply with quote

I believe that it will not be suitable due to the aft induction system.

Alan.

On 15/12/2013, at 7:03 AM, Miller John wrote:

Quote:

I have a line on a used one that was on an Arrow.

Anyone have any insight on this particular engine and whether or not it works well on the RV8?

grumpy

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

althomas454(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: IO360B1E Reply with quote

From VAF 2009 on the B1E in an RV-7A. From what's below you may be able to make it work but it would be a lot of "extra" work!
I have fitted a converted B1E to my 7A, the engine originally came from a Lancair. It now has a forward facing fuel servo, the same one that was originally fitted at the back. It appears that the sump was modified with a new internal tube for the forward facing servo and a new mounting pad welded to the sump.
I contacted Vans about the installation and they replied that to their knowledge a B1E had never been fitted to an rv before. It has been now!!
The only problems I have had are the Vetterman exhaust from Vans did not fit, I ended up modifying it and it now clears the induction tube and nose gear socket on the engine mount. I did contact Larry Vetterman about the exhaust and he did offer to manufacture a new one to fit, I chose to modify mine but would next time have Larry manufacture a new one for me. The fiberglass induction system from Vans also would not work and I have manufactured a new one using Scat tubing. 
I believe on some IO 360 B1E's there was a 45 degree bend that was fitted to the sump / fuel servo, After looking at this option i think it would clear the engine mount and would need no modifications to the induction.
If you would like some pics let me know and I'll send them through.

Cheers
Michael Haynes

Quote:
Subject: Re: IO360B1E
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 08:51:43 +1100
To: rv8-list(at)matronics.com

--> RV8-List message posted by: Alan Searle <alan(at)airweigh.com.au>

I believe that it will not be suitable due to the aft induction system.

Alan.

On 15/12/2013, at 7:03 AM, Miller John wrote:

> --> RV8-List message posted by: Miller John <gengrumpy(at)aol.com>
>
> I have a line on a used one that was on an Arrow.
>
> Anyone have any insight on this particular engine and whether or not it works well on the RV8?
>
> grumpy
>
>
&gt======

[quote][b]

rikvincent(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: IO360B1E Reply with quote

I put one in a RV6. I changed the oil sump to a down draft

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: