Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inspiration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zenith-list(at)steensland

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Inspiration Reply with quote

Folks,

I need some inspiration. I have a work in progress 601xlb and I need a fresh injection of motivation. I haven’t worked on it in about a year now and don’t want to give up on it.

What keeps you building?

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
jaybannist(at)cs.com

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Inspiration Reply with quote

Lee,

Even before I started building, I made up my mind that my 601XL would be completed and fly. Flying that airplane was my motivation. I worked on it every day I wasn't traveling to make a living. It took two and a half years, start to finish. It did fly; but unfortunately, age and deteriorating physical condition over took me and I was never able to fly it. Don't let that happen to you. Get after it !!!

Jay

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jeffrey_davidson(at)earth

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Inspiration Reply with quote

Lee,
After I spent the first few thousands on the plane, it was going to fly even if I had to push it! I'm a frugal type of guy. I flew it yesterday and was again delighted to practice landings in the rising heat of the mid-afternoon before the T-Storms rolled in. It is an accomplishment that will never get old. I'm still smiling!
Jeff Davidson
N601T

--

psm(at)att.net

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Inspiration Reply with quote

Lee,

It sounds like the long term goal of having an airplane to fly isn't working for you, so perhaps you should take a different point of view. You can look at the daily grind as a goal in itself.

If you work on your plane every day for at least a little while - perhaps 1/2 hour to 1 hour - you will eventually get it done. So maybe that should be your goal - to work on it every day.

Good luck,

Paul
Camas, WA
XL signed out of phase I last fall.

On 5/29/2013 3:15 PM, Lee Steensland wrote:

[quote] <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Folks,

I need some inspiration. I have a work in progress 601xlb and I need a fresh injection of motivation. I haven’t worked on it in about a year now and don’t want to give up on it.

What keeps you building?

Quote:

[b]

larrycmcfarland(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Inspiration Reply with quote

Lee,
I appreciate that you know you need motivation. I was challenged occasionally when I looked too closely at the larger picture. I’d suggest refocus
to smaller items you can complete, one by one. If you need items to complete your project, instruments, engine, lights etc., perhaps you could state where
you are in the game and let this group help you find or obtain the things you need. I’m sure there’s a project that has extra parts or tools that can be
had for less than new too. Find the best time to work when it’s your time and try to keep work spurts at or under 3 hours. Don’t work when you’re exhausted.
Plan your progress for short regular sessions. Don’t be afraid to ask for help and advice on your project. Most of us wouldn’t be flying if we did it without help.

Flying is the best reward out there, but the immediate reward must be measured against the progress that you get by being steady about completion.
Don’t get down if you have a few re-do’s and consider making the parts yourself if you’re doing a kit. I seriously
enjoyed making the parts, but found completion of assembly, actually pulling rivets, sometimes daunting. I was 5-1/2 years building and flew it for 7 years and still
recall the build process as a best experience. Flying was a superb experience too.
Hang in there as it’s worth it in the end, emotionally and financially.

Larry McFarland
www.macsmachine.com

From: owner-zenith601-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-zenith601-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Lee Steensland
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:16 PM
To: zenith601-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Inspiration

Folks,

What keeps you building?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: