Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! My wife is a bonehead! (don't tell her I said that)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> M14PEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crobin(at)skyvantage.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Help! My wife is a bonehead! (don't tell her I said that) Reply with quote

I'm very embarrassed to admit this...  

I was experiencing some prop surging/governor issues, and pulled it off the plane to ship for an overhaul...

I put it in a box and placed it in the trunk of my car....   My wife 'cleaned' the car and threw it out..   Doh!

Marital conflicts aside, I'm desperately in need of a servicable R2- propeller governor for an M14P.

Please tell me someone out there has one!  Contact me!
Cory Robin
crobin at skyvantage.com
[url=tel:801.649.2925%20ext%20301]801.649.2925 ext 301[/url]
[url=tel:801.599.7715]801.599.7715[/url] mobile
facebook.com/slowandlow   (lots of WilgaBeast content here)

[quote][b]

- The Matronics M14PEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?M14PEngines-List
GeorgeCoy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Help! My wife is a bonehead! (don't tell her I said that) Reply with quote

We do not have a spare. Sorry New ones are available from MT propeller, but expensive.
George

From: owner-m14pengines-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-m14pengines-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Cory Robin
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 12:10 PM
To: m14pengines-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Help! My wife is a bonehead! (don't tell her I said that)

I'm very embarrassed to admit this...

I was experiencing some prop surging/governor issues, and pulled it off the plane to ship for an overhaul...

I put it in a box and placed it in the trunk of my car.... My wife 'cleaned' the car and threw it out... Doh!

Marital conflicts aside, I'm desperately in need of a servicable R2- propeller governor for an M14P.

Please tell me someone out there has one! Contact me!
Cory Robin
crobin at skyvantage.com
[url=tel:801.649.2925%20ext%20301]801.649.2925 ext 301[/url]
[url=tel:801.599.7715]801.599.7715[/url] mobile
facebook.com/slowandlow (lots of WilgaBeast content here)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

MONTY(at)bpaengines.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Help! My wife is a bonehead! (don't tell her I said that) Reply with quote

Cory,
I will look and see for sure but I think we probably have a R2 prop governor, condition " as removed ". There are some other items that can cause the prop to surge.
In the nose case there is a liner that captivates the rings which separate gearbox oil pressure from propeller governor pressure. The rings are positioned on a collar which has a tin-lead lining on the ID and fits very close to the propeller shaft. This lining tends to go away in service. The OD of this collar contains 6 rings similar to piston rings that fit inside the nose case liner. We have seen grooves worn in the liner which will let the high pressure governor oil leak off and not drive the propeller to low pitch, particularly when the oil gets up to temperature.

We can fix either or both problems but we have to have the nose case and gearing assembly here to do it.

MT Propeller in Deland Florida has set the governor pressure higher for us also with good success. The R2 governor pressure is only about 210-220 psi. 290-300 is a good pressure for the MT 3 blade prop. I do not know about the Russian propeller.
[quote]
--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> M14PEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: