Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Pre-Flight your Zenith by Gus Warren

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdthatcher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: How to Pre-Flight your Zenith by Gus Warren Reply with quote

Friends,

From the Zenith eMail:
Pre-Flighting Your Aircraft: A&P mechanic / pilot Gus Warren will discuss and show you how to thoroughly pre-flight your Zenith aircraft before every flight, with an actual inspection of a completed aircraft. Several pre-flight classes will be scheduled during the day (using various Zenith aircraft models). 9:00 am and 1:00 pm one-hour sessions are planned.

And from William Wynne:

Gus Warren will be giving forums at the [Zenith] event as an official guest of the Factory. He has one forum on Friday and two on Saturday. At the event he will also be our rep. [ on site also. We are sending him with Conversion and Installation Manuals, DVD's and One complete set of Gold Parts. Gus is the high time Corvair/601 Pilot in the world and the only person who has flown both a 601 and 701 on Corvair power. He has worked on 8 or 9 different Zeniths, and flown them on long cross countries. Anyone interested in the combination could have any question answered in person by Gus at the open house More details are on the Zenith website.

Five weeks ago, on our webpage I wrote: " Few people know that the massive international financial house AIG is behind almost all aviation insurance. If you watch BBC world news, you will learn two things; the value of the Euro is going to keep the price of Rotaxes astronomically high, and AIG has taken a huge beating lately."

Today's news makes my crystal ball look pretty good. I am interested to know what this will do to aviation insurance rates. The most likely affect will be to make high risk planes much more difficult to get full coverage for. It will likely have much less effect on approved LSA combinations. And, it will have no effect on homebuilders who choose to fly without insurance. We never had aircraft insurance on our Pietenpol, but always had it on our 601, which made me a lot more comfortable about flying all the demo flights we did. Over the years we have had a number of planes insured and paid a lot of premiums, but have never filed a claim of any kind. This may seem like a bad deal, but it isn't.

In 2001 I had made a single $157 payment on my new Blue Cross policy. They paid out something like 5,800 times this To Tampa General Hospital after my accident. Getting your money's worth out of your insurance is far worse than never filing a claim

Thank you.
William Wynne
5000-18 HWY 17 #247
Orange Park, FL 32003 USA
http://FlyCorvair.com/hangar.html_ (http://www.flycorvair.com/hangar.html)
- August Update 2008

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: