Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have had it with the armchair engineers...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZFlyer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: I have had it with the armchair engineers... Reply with quote

List,

I use to look forward to reading how different people were addressing different problems of building, but now this group has several detractors bound and determine to undermine any confidence in our building, our kits, the plane design, the company or our flying skills.

I tend to believe the builder that suggested, just maybe, some competitors have infiltrated our forum in order to discredit Zenith, Chris or whatever. I really don't give a rats behind what happened to an aircraft a year ago, in a different country, with different laws , different builders, etc. Somebody please ask Matt to start a forum entitled "BS for amateurs. Knock off the speculation and get back to building. If your worried about the proven 601XL, build something else!

Blue skies and happy landings...

Mike

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List

Remember, "the second mouse gets the cheese"!
jeffrey_davidson(at)earth

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: I have had it with the armchair engineers... Reply with quote

<snip>

I tend to believe the builder that suggested, just maybe, some competitors
have infiltrated our forum in order to discredit Zenith, Chris or whatever.
I really don't give a rats behind what happened to an aircraft a year ago,
in a different country, with different laws , different builders, etc.
Somebody please ask Matt to start a forum entitled "BS for amateurs. Knock
off the speculation and get back to building. If your worried about the
proven 601XL, build something else!
Mike,
I can confirm that there are such folks out there. Last fall when I
hosted the Zenith Gathering at Winchester, Virginia, I was treated to a gang
of three Zenith competitors that evidently had studied up on everything bad
about Zenith aircraft. They spent a lot of time talking about all the
problems with Zenith aircraft. Eventually they just went away, but we had
to ignore them for quite a while. But they were there, in person, clearly
trying to influence the Zenith crowd that Zenith aircraft were dangerous and
theirs was better.
For my part, splitting up the Zenith list has just added confusion
about which is which. I'll have a building related post on replacing the
bearings on the old Matco (1999 era) wheels tomorrow!
Jeff Davidson

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

kmccune

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I have had it with the armchair engineers... Reply with quote

You do understand that if your correct, YOU are doing their work for them.
Keep supporting Zenith with facts, don't get angry, put a positive spin on things that you can. Keep trying to direct the discussion towards what you want to talk about... building.

It seems to me that this forum has been on another planet until some what recently, there are people out there. They are negative and resentful and jealous. And more things then that too.

This is your forum, so squeeze them out of it!

do not archive

Kevin

AZFlyer wrote:
List,

I use to look forward to reading how different people were addressing different problems of building, but now this group has several detractors bound and determine to undermine any confidence in our building, our kits, the plane design, the company or our flying skills.

I tend to believe the builder that suggested, just maybe, some competitors have infiltrated our forum in order to discredit Zenith, Chris or whatever. I really don't give a rats behind what happened to an aircraft a year ago, in a different country, with different laws , different builders, etc. Somebody please ask Matt to start a forum entitled "BS for amateurs. Knock off the speculation and get back to building. If your worried about the proven 601XL, build something else!

Blue skies and happy landings...

Mike

"Real freedom is the sustained act of being an individual." WW - 2009

"Life is a good deal...it's worth it" Feb 1969
Dorothy McCune
paulrod36(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: I have had it with the armchair engineers... Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Yes. AVIATION IS DANGEROUS!! You, your wife and children risk becoming homeless and starving to death.........(but the plane sure looks sharp, don't it?)

PAul Rodriguez
DO NOT ARCHIVE
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: