Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spy ware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Cottrell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: spy ware? Reply with quote

I checked my computer with a spy ware program and found nothing at all. One of the few times that has happened. Perhaps you got it somewhere else. I agree Frapper is like watching grass grow, but it doesn't seem to have infected me with spy ware.
Larry,Oregon

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
planecrazzzy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: spy ware? Reply with quote

My Computer shows me that "Spyware" is being BLOCKED when I go to the Frapper page......I have Norton antivirus/ spyware/adware security

Gotta Fly...

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Last edited by planecrazzzy on Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike Schnabel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: spy ware? Reply with quote

I have to agree with Larry. After the message sent about possible "Spy Ware" from the Frappr.com site, I also took to my Spy ware software and found nothing. Then just to be sure, I visited the Internet to seek out other possible intrusions from this site, but again came up empty. The Frappr site does use GoogleMaps as a primary feature, and I believe the slow response from the site is due to the complexity of this mapping feature, as well as the multitude of traffic their servers are dealing with. If you visit the Frappr main page, you will see there are hundreds, if not thousands of other groups gathering via their web pages just as quickly as the Kolb aircraft group has come together. As of now, I feel safe with this site, and find it a great way to "see" the other Kolb list members, get to know visually where they live, and see their planes!

But then again... I could be wrong!

Mike S
Manchester TN
Firestar 2 503

do not archive (last i heard, this still is needed even with the new forum)

Larry Cottrell <lcottrel(at)kfalls.net> wrote:

I checked my computer with a spy ware program and found nothing at all. One of the few times that has happened. Perhaps you got it somewhere else. I agree Frapper is like watching grass grow, but it doesn't seem to have infected me with spy ware.
Larry,Oregon

---------------------------------
Brings words and photos together (easily) with

Mike Schnabel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: spy ware? Reply with quote

So, do you suspect, that there is Spyware on the Frappr site then?

Mike S
Manchester TN
Firestar2 503

do not archive

planecrazzzy <planecrazzzy(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

I see that Spyware is being BLOCKED when I go to the Frapper page...
I have Notron antivirus/spyware/adware security...

Gotta fly...

--------
The more people I know....
The more I like MY DOG

Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: spy ware? Reply with quote

The KOLB group at FRAPPR is a bit slow, I think, because there are so
many folks listed there. Look at some of the other groups with far
fewer people, and you will see the response time is better. Each of
those little flags has data associated with it including photos for
some ore perhaps most. I think the software could be written so that
all that data is NOT loaded at once but only on demand when clicking on
one of the little flags.

Thom in Buffalo
do not archive

Don't worry about old age... it doesn't last very long.
- Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: